High Performance Coach of The Year Award
The Triathlon Australia Coaching Awards were established in 2013 to recognise and honour Australian triathlon coaches who have demonstrated a commitment and dedication to coaching Australian triathletes, and who have helped Australian triathletes to achieve significant competition success at both the age group and the High Performance level. Competition success incorporates all disciplines and distances of triathlon and multisport events. There are two categories that are awarded on a retrospective basis that consider significant competition success over the previous seasons racing.
HIGH PERFORMANCE COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD
2016 JAMIE TURNER
Jamie has gone above and beyond to ensure his athletes are in a daily high performance training environment. he has continuously supported Australian athletes by providing them with the opportunity to train among some of the world's best triathletes.
Not only does he guide his athletes but he teaches them to explore and learn what works for them individually. by challenging his athletes daily, he provides them with the tools to respond to all situations in life, particularly in the make or break moments of a triathlon race.
- Coached the top 3 Australian males, 2 in the Olympic team.
- Coached the only Australian to medal at a WTS grand final in 4 years.
- Head coach of the newly announced triathlon Australia international performance centre.
HIGH PERFORMANCE COACH OF THE YEAR AWARD RECIPIENTS
- 2016 - Jamie Turner - NSW
- 2015 - Jamie Turner - NSW
- 2014 - Stephen Moss - QLD
- 2013 - Jamie Turner - NSW
- 2012 - Not Awarded