find a club
PARTNER WITH Us
Sign Up to Tri Life
2018 Australian Age Group Multisport Team (Fyn - Denmark)
Date: 6th to the 14th of July 2018
Events: Aquabike, Aquathlon, Sprint Distance Duathlon, Standard Distance Duathlon, Cross Triathlon, Long Distance Triathlon
2018 Australian Age Group Multisport Team
SELECTION POLICY: 2018 Australian Age Group Multisport Team Selection Policy
SELECTION POLICY: 2018 Australian Age Group Aquabike Team Selection Policy
AUSTRALIAN TEAM APPLICATION:
Applications close at 4pm AEST Wednesday 11th April 2018 (No late applications will be accepted, every Australian athlete who would like to be selected for the team must apply by this time. If you do not apply for the team you will not be selected).
Athletes must be 16 years old as of the 31st of December 2018 to compete in the sprint distance duathlon and aquathlon age group world championships.
Athletes must be 18 years old as of the 31st of December 2018 to compete in the standard distance duathlon, cross triathlon, aquabike and long distance triathlon age group world championships.
Triathlon Australia urges all athletes to read the 2018 Australian Age Group Multisport/ Aquabike Team Selection Policy and the Important 2018 Australian Age Group Team Selection Points (can be found at the bottom of this page) carefully before you decide to seek selection in the 2018 Australian Age Group Team.
APPEAL POLICY: 2018 Australian Age Group Team Appeal Policy
- Please READ the 2018 SELECTION POLICIES carefully. The 2018 Australian Age Group Team Selection Policies outline all the information you will need to know when trying to be selected for the 2018 Australian age group teams.
- To be selected to represent Australia at the 2018 International Triathlon Union World Championships you MUST be an AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN. Each athlete will be asked to verify citizenship when selected onto the Australian team.
- To be awarded selection points throughout the race season, athletes MUST be a TRIATHLON AUSTRALIA 2017/2018 MEMBER by midnight the Thursday night preceding the selection event.
- Athletes do not need to apply for the team before competing in a selection event. Athletes must APPLY for each individual race distance they would like to be selected in by the close of applications.
- If you would like to be considered for selection in more than one distance you will need to complete a separate team application for each distance you would like to compete in. For example if you would like to be considered for the duathlon age group team and the long distance triathlon team you will need to complete 2 separate team applications.
- A $75.00 APPLICATION FEE is charged to each athlete for each separate application made. If you are selected onto the team your $75.00 is placed towards your entry fee for the world championships race. If you do not make the team you are refunded $55.00 of your application fee. If you are selected into the team and do not participate you do not receive a refund of your application fee.
- The selection policies note a number of selection races which an athlete can race in to gain selection points towards Australian age group team selection. Please note Triathlon Australia will make selections in priority order per the highest accumulated selection points based on the BEST 3 RESULTS from selection events. An athlete can choose as many selection races to compete in as they choose, but Triathlon Australia will only choose the athletes best 3 results from selection events.
- AGE GROUP CATEGORY SELECTION RACES AND AT THE ITU AGE GROUP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Athletes will compete in the selection races under the Australian Competition Rules. Athletes will race each selection race as your age as of the 31st of December 2017. When Australian athletes compete at the ITU World Championships you will race under ITU Competition rules. ITU Competition rules note that athletes will race as your age as of the 31st of December 2018. To be awarded selection points athletes will race in the selection race under the Australian Competition Rules. Triathlon Australia will then take the athletes race day time and place the athletes time into the age group category which they will race at the 2018 world championships (ITU Competition Rules). The athlete will then be awarded selection points in there ITU race category. Please note due to the change in age group competition rules between Australia and the ITU athletes will not automatically receive selection points from the place you received on race day at the Australia selection event. Athletes will be moving age groups post the selection event due to the ITU Competition Rules.
- The Australian Age Group Team is a fully SELF-FUNDED. Costs to be met by each team member include but are not limited to: athlete contribution (event entry fee, team management fee, international travel insurance for overseas campaigns), team uniform and travel and accommodation.