find a club
PARTNER WITH Us
Sign Up to Tri Life
2018 Australian Age Group Team (Gold Coast)
Official Event Website: 2018 ITU Triathlon World Championships
Date: 12th to the 16th of September 2018
Events: Sprint Distance Triathlon (DRAFT LEGAL) and Standard Distance Triathlon
Athletes will be able to compete in both the age group sprint distance triathlon and age group standard distance triathlon events at the 2018 International Triathlon Union World Championships.
Sprint distance triathletes will race on Thursday the 13th of September 2018.
Standard distance triathletes will race on Sunday the 16th of September 2018.
2018 Australian Age Group Sprint Distance Triathlon Team
PRELIMINARY 2018 AUSTRALIAN AGE GROUP SPRINT DISTANCE (DRAFT LEGAL) TEAM:
PRELIMINARY Sprint Distance Team: 2018 Australian Age Group Preliminary Sprint Distance (Draft Legal) Team
Please note this is not the final team as those athletes who have not been selected will have the opportunity to appeal non selection. The final team will be announced as noted in the 2018 Australian Age Group Sprint Distance Triathlon Team Selection Policy by 5pm AEST Monday 7th May 2018.
Please note applications for the 2018 Australian Age Group Sprint Distance Triathlon team have now closed. No late applications will be accepted. Applications were taken from the 17th of May 2017 to the 2nd of April 2018.
The 2018 ITU Sprint Distance Triathlon Age Group World Championships will be DRAFT LEGAL. Please note that the ITU implements specific equipment rules for age group athletes racing in the draft legal format. The ITU bike equipment rules for age group DRAFT LEGAL events can be found on page 28 to 34 in the ITU Competition Rules
2018 Australian Age Group Standard Distance Triathlon Team
PRELIMINARY 2018 AUSTRALIAN AGE GROUP STANDARD DISTANCE TEAM:
PRELIMINARY Standard Distance Team: 2018 Australian Age Group Preliminary Standard Distance Triathlon Team.
Please note this is not the final team as those athletes who have not been selected will have the opportunity to appeal non selection. The final team will be announced as noted in the 2018 Australian Age Group Standard Distance Triathlon Team Selection Policy by 5pm AEST Monday 7th May 2018.
Please note applications for the 2018 Australian Age Group Standard Distance team have now closed. No late applications will be accepted. Applications were taken from the 17th of May 2017 to the 2nd of April 2018.
2018 AUSTRALIAN AGE GROUP TEAM SELECTION APPEAL POLICY: 2018 Australian Age Group Team Appeal Policy (Please note the NOTICE OF APPEAL has now closed, no further appeals will be accepted for the 2018 Australian Age Group Triathlon Team - Sprint or Standard Distance).
IMPORTANT 2018 AUSTRALIAN AGE GROUP TEAM SELECTION
- Please READ the 2018 SELECTION POLICIES carefully. The 2018 Australian Age Group Team Selection Policies outline all the information you will need to know when trying to be selected for the 2018 Australian age group teams.
- To be selected to represent Australia at the 2018 International Triathlon Union World Championships you MUST be an AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN. Each athlete will be asked to verify citizenship when selected onto the Australian team.
- To be awarded selection points throughout the race season, athletes MUST be a TRIATHLON AUSTRALIA 2017/2018 MEMBER by midnight the Thursday night preceding the selection event.
- Athletes do not need to apply for the team before competing in a selection event. Athletes must APPLY for each individual race distance they would like to be selected in by the close of applications. Applications will close for the sprint distance triathlon, standard distance triathlon and open paratriathlon 2018 Australian age group teams at 4pm AEDST on Monday the 2nd of April 2018. NO late applications will be accepted.
- If you would like to be considered for selection in more than one distance you will need to complete a separate team application for each distance you would like to compete in. For example if you would like to be considered for the duathlon age group team and the long distance triathlon team you will need to complete 2 separate team applications.
- A $75.00 APPLICATION FEE is charged to each athlete for each separate application made. If you are selected onto the team your $75.00 is placed towards your entry fee for the world championships race. If you do not make the team you are refunded $55.00 of your application fee. If you are selected into the team and do not participate you do not receive a refund of your application fee.
- The selection policies note a number of selection races which an athlete can race in to gain selection points towards Australian age group team selection. Please note Triathlon Australia will make selections in priority order per the highest accumulated selection points based on the BEST 3 RESULTS from selection events. An athlete can choose as many selection races to compete in as they choose, but Triathlon Australia will only choose the athletes best 3 results from selection events.
- AGE GROUP CATEGORY SELECTION RACES AND AT THE ITU AGE GROUP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: Athletes will compete in the selection races under the Australian Competition Rules. Athletes will race each selection race as your age as of the 31st of December 2017. When Australian athletes compete at the ITU World Championships you will race under ITU Competition rules. ITU Competition rules note that athletes will race as your age as of the 31st of December 2018. To be awarded selection points athletes will race in the selection race under the Australian Competition Rules. Triathlon Australia will then take the athletes race day time and place the athletes time into the age group category which they will race at the 2018 world championships (ITU Competition Rules). The athlete will then be awarded selection points in there ITU race category. Please note due to the change in age group competition rules between Australia and the ITU athletes will not automatically receive selection points from the place you received on race day at the Australia selection event. Athletes will be moving age groups post the selection event due to the ITU Competition Rules.
- The Australian Age Group Team is a fully SELF-FUNDED. Costs to be met by each team member include but are not limited to: athlete contribution (event entry fee, team management fee, international travel insurance for overseas campaigns), team uniform and travel and accommodation.
- Athletes must race in the nominated selection races in your age group category. You will not receive any selection points if you race in the OPEN WAVE at the nominated selection races.