Updated for 2019, with new online learner resources, innovative delivery and assessment methods to give coaches an engaging learning experience.
The Development Coach Training Program is the second progression in the National; Coaching Framework and is only accessible to learners who hold a Foundation Coach accreditation with appropriate experience.
The Development Coach Training Program content builds on the competencies of the Foundation Coach and includes:
• Understanding and analysing athletes in a group training environment.
• Working with athletes with a range of ages, abilities and aspirations.
• Planning, delivering and evaluate individual and a series of triathlon sessions.
• Strategies for creating and maintaining a safe coaching environment.
• Progression of developmental coaching and technical skills.
Coaches will have access to an online Knowledge Hub resource, which details the principles of effective coaching and the Development level skills of triathlon across swim, cycle, run and transitions.
• 4 days [2 x 2 days] face to face workshop attendance. These workshops will focus on practical coaching competency and will include assessment, personal review and action planning with your mentor coaches.
• A blended delivery strategy will be employed utilising the Flipped Classroom approach in a balance of online learning, face to face learning sessions and practical coaching.
• Between 40-60 hours of independent study learning and assessment tasks via the Triathlon Australia Knowledge Hub.
The Development Coach accreditation will allow coaches to plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions and blocks of progressive sessions for participation focused triathletes in a group environment at a club/squad. They can work in a wide range of unsupervised triathlon coaching environments.
Contact email@example.com to find out when the new Development Coach Training Program will be rolled out in your state/territory.