OF THE OLYMPIC GAMES
The Foundation Coach accreditation will allow coaches to prepare for, deliver and review pre-designed triathlon coaching sessions for participation focused triathletes in a range of controlled environments.
The Foundation Coach Training Program content includes:
- Strategies for creating and maintaining a safe coaching environment.
- Preparing for, delivering and reviewing triathlon sessions.
- Developing fundamental coaching and technical skills.
Coaches will have access to an online Knowledge Hub resource, which details the principles of effective coaching and the Foundation level skills of triathlon across swim, cycle, run and transitions.
The Foundation Coach Training Program been specifically designed to provide a supporting and engaging environment for developing the fundamentals of coaching triathlon, to equip coaches with the necessary skills and resources to start coaching.
A Foundation Coach is building their coaching experience and have foundation level triathlon specific knowledge. They will be working in a triathlon specific coaching practice [club and/or squad] in an assistant coaching role, under the supervision, guidance and mentoring of a higher qualified coach
The Foundation Coach is able to prepare for, deliver and review basic predesigned triathlon coaching sessions designed for a group of athletes with a mix of ages and/or skill levels participating in a club or squad-based novice, participation focused training sessions. (i.e. not individual 1 on 1 coaching).
THE FOUNDATION COACH TRAINING PROGRAM IS MADE UP OF:
- 2-day face to face program attendance.
- A blended delivery strategy will be employed utilising the Flipped Classroom approach in a balance of online learning, face to face learning sessions and practical coaching.
- 20-25 hours of independent learning and assessment tasks over 3-4 weeks via the Knowledge Hub [prior to attending the face to face sessions].
Coaches will be required to complete home study online tasks, plan, deliver and review practical sessions (on course).
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
The course will focus on developing key coaching skill including:
- How to communicate effectively.
- How to engage athletes.
- How to give quality meaningful feedback.
Coaches will also be introduced to the triathlon disciplines (swim, bike, run and transitions) and the basic skills to be coached. You will also cover athlete safety and welfare, session preparation, evaluation and reflection.
The course is supported by the Triathlon Australia Knowledge Hub online resource, which contains all the information required to complete the program and develop your own coaching knowledge and skills.
- Coaches must be at least 16 years of age at the commencement of the learning program. Coaches under 18 must have constant direct supervision.
- Be a current Triathlon Australia member. This is to provide you with appropriate insurance to cover you whilst completing the program.
- Have access to an internet connected device for the Knowledge Hub online resource.
- Coaches will be registered for the qualification for a period of 12 months from the start of the course. However, most learners complete in-line with the course duration.
On successful completion of the Foundation Coach Training Program, coaches will be able to:
- Engage and inspire people to take part in triathlon.
- Safely organise and deliver triathlon activities for a range of ages and abilities, across a range of environments.
- Demonstrate generic and triathlon specific coaching skills, good practice in coaching, athlete safety and welfare, equitable and inclusive coaching practice, and working with others.
FOUNDATION COACH TRAINING PROGRAM FEES
The cost of the program is $350 [plus GST] which includes the online and practical assessment, all coaching resources, facilitator support and the coach accreditation registration fee. If coaches miss any element of the program or assessment they may be required to pay an additional fee.
|Foundation Coach Training Program [QLD]|
|Dates:||August 22-23, 2020|
|Venue:||Stuartholme School, Toowong|
|Foundation Coach Training Program [QLD]|
|Dates:||November 28-29, 2020|
|Venue:||BLK Performance Centre, Runaway Bay|
To register your interest email the Coach Development team at firstname.lastname@example.org