- 2014 Australian Duathlon Championships website now live! More>>
- 2012-2013 Annual Report now available online for all members More>>
- 2014 Age Group Selection policies now online More>>
- New member benefit: Bike Inclusive Airfare Packages to National Championship events More>>
- See the TA Value Added Member Benefits Package More>>
The Triathlon Pathway
Triathlon is a lifelong participation sport
A goal of Triathlon Australia is to create welcoming entry points for people of all ages and abilities, providing lifelong participation in the sport of triathlon.
Whether your goal is to complete your first Sprint or Olympic distance triathlon, participate in state or national championships, or to gain selection for the age group world championship team, triathlon is a sport which provides the pathways between participation and high performance in a way which enables all individuals to achieve whatever level they aspire to.
Some of the best ways to get involved in the sport can be to:
- Enter a short distance enticer /novice race. Such events are usually delivered as low-competitive, fun for all events.
- Enter as a member of a two or three person team. This can be a great way to try out the sport with your friends, and get to know the three disciplines of a triathlon.
- Join a triathlon club. Triathlon clubs are a great way to meet other triathletes and coaches, get involved in a regular training programme, or sign up for a skills development course. Clubs will often keep their members updated on local or state races and events, and provide a great social aspect to the sport.
- Go along as a supporter for your family or friend, and get to know the sport as a spectator – we guarantee you will leave wanting to have a go yourself!