find a club
PARTNER WITH Us
Sign Up to Tri Life
Australian Schools Triathlon Festival
The Australian Schools Triathlon Festival (ASTF) is new multi-sport initiative presented jointly by School Sport Australia (SSA) and Triathlon Australia. The inaugural ASTF is scheduled for 18-21 April 2017 in Penrith NSW. The ASTF is an outstanding opportunity for secondary school students from all over Australia to be part of this national multi-sport festival aimed specially at students.
In order to cater for all student capabilities and aspirations Triathlon Australia and School Sport Australia has created multi-tiered events program. With the combination of the SSA Triathlon Championships and the inclusion of participation Triathlon, school relay and Aquathlon programme into the ASTF it opens up a whole new opportunity for students to participate in this dynamic sport on a variety of levels.
The ASTF has two key event categories; the existing School Sport Australia Triathlon Championships and the new Australian Open Schools Triathlon. For students to compete in the School Sport Australia Triathlon Championships they must be selected into their respective state school sport representative teams. Selection into state school sport teams means they can race for the prestigious School Sport Australia Triathlon Championship Titles.
2017 School Sport Australia Triathlon Championships
- This event is for students selected in their respective State School Sport Triathlon Team only
- The School Sport Australia (SSA) Triathlon Championships includes:
- 2017 SSA Triathlon Championships (Draft Legal Cycle leg)
- 2017 SSA Triathlon Relay Championships (Draft Legal Cycle Leg)
The 2017 Australian Open Schools Triathlon
Is open to any secondary school students who wish to represent their school at the ASTF. Students have the choice of competing in one, two or three different formats of the sport during the festival.
- Australian Open Schools Aquathlon - Includes a Paratriathlon wave for students with a disability.
- Australian Open Schools Triathlon (Non-Drafting Cycle Leg) - includes a Paratriathlon wave for students with a disability.
- Australian Open Schools Triathlon Relay (Non-Drafting Cycle Leg) - 1 Swimmer/1 Cyclist/1 Runner per school team.
Further information visit Australian Triathlon Festival