CHANGES TO 2022/2023 RACE COMPETITION RULES
The 2022/23 Race Competition Rules (RCR) were released on 1 July 2022 and can be found on the Triathlon Australia website.
Here is the link https://www.triathlon.org.au/Technical/Race_Competition_Rules.htm
It’s important that all competitors are all familiar with the latest version of the RCR.
The main changes have been around renaming ITU to World Triathlon and incorporating World Triathlon changes that came into effect on 1 January 2022.
Other changes are highlighted – in Yellow for new or changed Rules and Strikethrough for deleted Rules.
Here is a summary of some of what’s new in the 2022/23 RCR:
- All equipment used by a competitor must comply with a relevant safety standard and be in proper condition
- Improved definition of “outside assistance”
- Wetsuits are now mandatory below 16°C for all swim distances
- New wetsuit determination temperature for older (60+ years) competitors
- Certain riding positions to improve aerodynamics are now forbidden
- Mixed relay genders now align with the World Triathlon start sequence (male, female, male, female)
- Maximum allowable race distances for 12yo and 13yo kids have been increased slightly
It’s important that everyone is familiar with the latest version of the RCR so have a read before your next event - Ignorance is not a defence.
Follow us on: