- Triathlon ACT Event Calendar
- Sri Chinmoy Off-Road Duathlon
- ACT Duathlon Championships
- Sri Chinmoy Triple Triathlon
- Jackie Fairweather Memorial Triathlon
- Aquathon Race #1
- SportsCare & Physiotherapy Capital Trilogy Triathlon
- Aquathon Race #2
- Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Canberra
- Proximity Canberra Triathlon Festival
- Aquathlon Race #3
- ACT Aquathlon Championships
- Series Pass
- Series Points
- Triathlon ACT Annual Awards
- Triathlon ACT Event Calendar
> Home Page > State Associations > ACT > Events > Triathlon ACT Event Calendar > ACT Duathlon Championships
Date: 14th September, 2019
Competitor List - Available 4th September, 2019
Competitor Newsletter #1 - Available September 4th 2019
Competitor Newsletter #2 - Available September 12th 2019
Competitor Newsletter #3 - Available September 16th 2019
2019 Race Schedule
Come and race at one of the world's premier multisport facilities, Stromlo Forest Park, for the ACT Duathlon Championships. Run on the beautifully manicured cross country grass running loop, transition on the cycle criterium track, ride on the rolling hills of Uriarra Road and return to the cross country track for the final run. This fast, fun and family friendly race is a great way to start the race season or your fitness campaign.
Triathlon ACT events are designed for the family in mind with categories for beginners to elite and young children to the mature athlete. The main race will include a 5km run, 20km cycle and 2.5km run. Novice and TRYkids Duathlon events take place on the same circuit. Grab your friends and family and get involved in the ACT Duathlon Champs on Saturday 14th September, 2019.
This event is a World Championships Qualification (WQE) race for the Triathlon Australia team that will attend to the 2020 ITU World Duathlon Championships as part of the ITU World Multisport Championships in Almere, Netherlands (September 4-13th). Challenge yourself at the ACT Duathlon Championships at one of the most beautiful multisport event destinations in the heart of Canberra.
Parking & Road Closures
Parking is available at the main Stromlo Forest Carpark until 8am, when the road closures will come into place. If you arrive after 8am, then you can park at the Stromlo Forest Memorial Carpark or from Cotter Road, and walk in.
Road Closure will take effect from 8am to 12noon on the following roads:
- Opperman Drive from John Gorton Drive to 10km along Uriarra Road, including Dave McInnes Road.
- Local residents will have access during the event, as well as cars exiting Stromlo Forest Park car-park. If available, some cars maybe allowed into Stromlo Forest Park carpark during the event through the ticketed Stop/Go traffic controllers.
- All participants need to ride on the left side of the road and be aware that a limited amount of traffic maybe out on the course during the event.
- If the course is clear and equipment is packed up off the cycle course before 12pm, the roads will be open earlier.
Click here to register as a volunteer
Sprint - 5km Run / 20km Cycle / 2.5km Run
Novice - 2km Run / 10km Cycle / 1km Run
TRYkids Long - 1km Run / 5km Cycle / 500m Run
TRYkids Short - 375m Run / 2.5km Cycle / 375m Run
|Category||TA member||TA member||Non-TA member||Non-TA member|
|Close date (11:59pm)||21/08/18||28/08/18||21/08/18||28/08/18|
|Sprint Adult Individual||$75||$90||$85||$100|
|Novice Adult Individual||$60||$70||$65||$75|
|TRYkids (Short & Long)||$19||$24||$20||$25|
Course Information - Brief
- Rolfe Classic BMW
- Canberra Southern Cross Club
- SportsCare & Physiotherapy
- The Runners Shop
- FAQ (2019 update available soon)
- Emergency Plan (2019 update available soon)