- Triathlon ACT Event Calendar
- Sri Chimnoy Off-Road Duathlon
- ACT Duathlon Championships
- Sri Chimnoy Triple Triathlon
- Jackie Fairweather Memorial Triathlon
- Canberra Club Triathlon
- Aquathon Race #1
- Aquathon Race #2
- Elite Energy Canberra Triathlon Festival
- Aquathon Race #3
- Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Canberra
- ACT Aquathon Championships
- Proximity Corporate Triathlon
- Series Pass
- Series Points
- Triathlon ACT Annual Awards
- Triathlon ACT Event Calendar
> Home Page > State Associations > ACT > Events > Triathlon ACT Event Calendar > ACT Duathlon Championships
Race Schedule - Click here
Come and race at one of the world's premier multisport facilities, Stromlo Forest Park, for the ACT Duathlon Championships. Run on the beautifully manicured cross country grass running loop, transition on the cycle criterium track, ride on the rolling hills of Uriarra Road and return to the cross country track for the final run. This fast, fun and family friendly race is a great way to start the race season or your fitness campaign.
Triathlon ACT events are designed for the family in mind with categories for beginners to elite and young children to the mature athlete. The main race will include a 5km run, 20km cycle and 2.5km run. Novice and TRYkids Duathlon events take place on the same circuit. Grab your friends and family and get involved in the ACT Duathlon Champs on Sunday 6th August, 2017.
Challenge yourself at the ACT Duathlon Championships at one of the most beautiful multisport event destinations in the heart of Canberra.This race is a qualifying event for selection in the Australian Age Group team at the 2018 ITU Duathlon World Championship to be held at Fyn in Denmark.
Parking & Road Closures
Parking is available at the main Stromlo Forest Carpark until 8am, when the road closures will come into place. If you arrive after 8am, then you can park at the Stromlo Forest Memorial Carpark or from Cotter Road, and walk in.
Road Closure will take effect from 8am to 12noon on the following roads:
- Opperman Drive from John Gorton Drive to 10km along Uriarra Road, including Dave McInnes Road.
- Local residents will have access during the event, as well as cars exiting Stromlo Forest Park car-park. If available, some cars maybe allowed into Stromlo Forest Park carpark during the event through the ticketed Stop/Go traffic controllers.
- All participants need to ride on the left side of the road and be aware that a limited amount of traffic maybe out on the course during the event.
- If the course is clear and equipment is packed up off the cycle course before 12pm, the roads will be open earlier.
Sprint - 5km Run / 20km Cycle / 2.5km Run
Novice - 2km Run / 10km Cycle / 1km Run
TRYkids Long - 1km Run / 5km Cycle / 500m Run
TRYkids Short - 375m Run / 2.5km Cycle / 375m Run
|Category||TA member||TA member||Non-TA member||Non-TA member|
|Close date (11:59pm)||27/07/17||02/08/17||27/07/17||02/08/17|
|Long Adult Individual||$65||$80||$72.50||$87.50|
|Short Adult Individual||$50||$60||$52||$62|
|TRYkids (Short & Long)||$15||$20||$16||$21|
Course Information - Brief
- Lightning Emergency Plan