> Home Page > State Associations > ACT > Events > Triathlon ACT Event Calendar > ACT Duathlon Championships
Date: Sunday 18th October 2020
Venue: Stromlo Forest Park, Canberra, ACT Google Map
Race Organiser: Triathlon ACT
2020 Race Schedule: as at 15 October 2020 Updated
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
COVID-19 Safety Plan: COVID-19 Plan
(Registration numbers are currently limited at 120 for Sprint and 100 for Novice based on ACT Government COVID-19 restrictions as at 15th October, 2020. There will be no on the day registrations, and registrations will closed at 11.59pm on Tuesday 13th October, 2020)
Competitor List - As at 15 October 2020 - including wave and start times
Competitor Newsletter #1 - Available Now
Competitor Newsletter #2 - Available Now
Competitor Newsletter #3 -Available Now
Technical Race Brief IMPORTANT All Athletes need to read this
2020 Race Schedule: as at 15th October
2020-2021 Triathlon ACT Series Point Score
The 2020-21 Point Score Policy (Coming Soon) - Triathlon ACT Members Only.
Come and race at one of the world's premier multisport facilities, Stromlo Forest Park, for the ACT Duathlon Championships. Run on the beautifully manicured cross country grass running loop, transition on the cycle criterium track, ride on the rolling hills of Uriarra Road and return to the cross country track for the final run. This fast, fun and friendly race is a great way to start the race season or your fitness campaign.
Triathlon ACT events are designed for the family in mind with categories for beginners to elite and young children to the mature athlete. The main race will include a 5km run, 20km cycle and 2.5km run. Novice events take place on the same circuit. Grab your friends and family and get involved in the ACT Duathlon Champs on Sunday 18th October 2020.
This event is a World Championships Qualification (WQE) race for the Triathlon Australia team that will attend to the 2021 ITU World Duathlon Championships as part of the ITU World Multisport Championships in Almere, Netherlands (September 3-12th). Challenge yourself at the ACT Duathlon Championships at one of the most beautiful multisport event destinations in the heart of Canberra.
Parking & Road Closures
Parking is available at the main Stromlo Forest Carpark until 5.45am, when the road closures will come into place. If you arrive after 5.45am, then you can park at the Stromlo Forest Memorial Carpark or from Cotter Road, and walk in.
Road Closure will take effect from 5.45am to 9am on the following roads:
- Opperman Drive from John Gorton Drive to 10km along Uriarra Road, including Dave McInnes Road.
- Local residents will have access during the event, as well as cars exiting Stromlo Forest Park car-park. If available, some cars maybe allowed into Stromlo Forest Park carpark during the event through the ticketed Stop/Go traffic controllers.
- All participants need to ride on the left side of the road and be aware that a limited amount of traffic maybe out on the course during the event.
- If the course is clear and equipment is packed up off the cycle course before 9am, the roads will be open earlier.
Click here to register as a volunteer
Sprint - 5km Run / 20km Cycle / 2.5km Run
Novice - 2km Run / 10km Cycle / 1km Run
|Category||TA member||TA member||Non-TA member||Non-TA member|
|Close date (11:59pm)||07/10/20||13/10/20||07/10/20||13/10/20|
|Sprint Adult Individual||$79||$95||$89||$105|
|Sprint Under 25 Individual||$53||$63||$63||$74|
|Novice Adult Individual||$63||$74||$68||$79|
|Novice Under 25 Individual||$42||$47||$53||$58|
Course Information - Brief
- SportsCare & Physiotherapy (SportsCare & Physiotherapy Capital Trilogy Triathlon Naming Right Sponsor)
- Proximity (Proximity Canberra Triathlon Festival Naming Rights Sponsor)
- Rolfe Classic BMW (Vehicle Sponsor)
- H2O Marine (Swim Course Sponsor)
- Canberra Southern Cross Club (Venue Sponsor)
- Project Clothing (Apparel Provider)
- The Runners Shop (Run Sponsor)
- Red Hill Express (Food & Beverage Supplier)
- Heres The Coffee (Beverage Supplier)
- Sports Medicine Australia (Medical Supplier)