- Triathlon ACT Event Calendar
- Sri Chinmoy Off-Road Duathlon
- ACT Duathlon Championships
- Sri Chinmoy Triple Triathlon
- Jackie Fairweather Memorial Triathlon
- Aquathon Race #1
- Capital Trilogy Triathlon
- Aquathon Race #2
- Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Canberra
- Proximity Canberra Triathlon Festival
- ACT Aquathlon Championships
- Dickson Splash and Dash
- Series Pass
- Series Points
- Triathlon ACT Annual Awards
- Triathlon ACT Event Calendar
Jackie Fairweather Memorial Triathlon
November 30th 2019
> Home Page > State Associations > ACT > Events > Triathlon ACT Event Calendar > Jackie Fairweather Memorial Triathlon
Event: SportsCare & Physiotherapy Capital Trilogy Triathlon
Date: 30th November 2019
Venue: Rond Terrace, Canberra, ACT
Race Organiser: Triathlon ACT
Registration: Register Now
Race Results: Available Now
2019 Race Schedule (updated 2pm 28th November 2019)
Prizemoney: $5,000 (Australian Dollars including Australian Goods & Services Tax). Prizemoney Terms & Conditions link as at 28th November 2019
Status: ACT Sprint Triathlon Championships
- Sprint (Draft-Legal),
- Sprint (Non-Draft),
- SuperSprint (Non-Draft),
- Youth Supersprint (Draft-Legal),
- TRYkids Long & Short
Qualification: Triathlon Australia World Championships Qualification Event (WQE) - Sprint (Draft-Legal) Category only.
In honour of the late Jackie Fairweather (nee Gallagher), this race promises to be something truly special. Jackie made an amazing contribution to triathlon and sport in general, and this event brings together many wonderful aspects of the Triathlon Australia Hall of Famer's life.
Held over Australia's most popular triathlon distance, the Sprint, competitors will compete on a 750m swim, 20km cycle and 5km run. Jackie's love, of not only triathlon but also running, will be showcased at the event with an inclusive day for all to be a part of the celebration of an amazing woman.
The event also includes a SuperSpirnt Triathlon and TRYkids Triathlon. For Sprint distance competitors, the draft-legal race is a qualifying event for selection in the Australian Age Group Team at the 2020 ITU Sprint Triathlon World Championships..
Jackie Fairweather was one of World's premier triathletes and endurance athletes. Jackie's impact on Triathlon, Athletics, High Performance Sport and people in general was more than just winning a World Title or Commonwealth Games Bronze medal, she truly had a passion to make a difference in peoples lives. Former Triathlon Australia CEO, Anne Gripper, provides a wonderful overview of a remarkable life.
“As an athlete, Jackie was the best in the world – winning the 1996 ITU Triathlon World Championship and the 1996 and 1999 ITU Duathlon World Championships
“As a coach, Jackie laid the foundation for many of our young triathletes as the first U23 triathlon coach at the AIS.
“As a mentor, Jackie provided support and motivation for countless athletes – particularly when things were not going so well for them.
“As a supporter and friend of the sport, Jackie was always there – as a Board member, our Sport Performance Manager at the AIS and as wise counsel on issues of importance to our sport.
“This is your legacy, Jackie – we thank you for your passion and commitment to our sport, and will deeply miss your presence amongst us.”
Parking & Road Closures
Parking is available ....
Road Closure will take effect from 6am to 2pm on the following roads:
- Parkes Way Westbound from Kings Ave Bridge to Glenloch Interchange.
- All participants need to ride on the left side of the road and be aware that a limited amount of traffic maybe out on the course during the event.
- If the course is clear and equipment is packed up off the cycle course before 2pm, the roads will be open earlier.
Click here to register as a volunteer
Sprint (Draft-Legal) - 750m Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run (ITU World Champs Qualifier Race)
Sprint (non-Draft) - 750m Swim / 20km Cycle / 5km Run
Supersprint (Draft-Legal) - 200m Swim / 10km Cycle / 2km Run (ITU Youth Category only)
Supersprint (non-Draft) - 200m Swim / 10km Cycle / 2km Run
TRYkids Long - 200m Swim / 6km Cycle / 1km Run}
TRYkids Short - 100m Swim / 3km Cycle / 500m Run
|Category||TA member||TA member||Non-TA member||Non-TA member|
|Close date (11:59pm)||20/11/19||26/11/19||20/11/19||26/11/19|
|Sprint Individual (Adult 25 +)||$90||$105||$100||$115|
|Sprint Individual (Under 25)||$60||$70||$67||$87|
|Supersprint Individual (Adult 25 +)||$55||$65||$65||$75|
|Supersprint Individual (Under 25)||$40||$50||$50||$60|
|TRYkids (Short & Long)||$19||$22||$21||$24|
Course Maps - Updated 4pm 28th November 2019
Here is the breakdown of the $5,000 prizemoney on offer during the SportsCare & Physiotherapy Jackie Fairweather Memorial Triathlon. Please note the Terms & Conditions
Prizemoney Terms & Conditions link as at 28th November 2019
Sprint DRAFT-Legal - (Overall) - $3,000 Based on finish time.
- Male 1st - $750, 2nd - $500, 3rd -$250
- Female 1st - $750, 2nd - $500, 3rd -$250
Sprint DRAFT-Legal - (Triathlon ACT Member Athletes only - Open & Junior Category) - $1,200 Exact timing points noted in Terms & Conditions.
- Male Triathlon (finish time) - 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
- Female Triathlon (finish time) - 1st $300, 2nd $200, 3rd $100
Sprint DRAFT-Legal - (Triathlon ACT Member Athletes only - Open & Junior Category) - $800 Exact timing points noted in Terms & Conditions.
- Male - Fastest Swim $100, Fastest Cycle $100, Fastest Run $100, Fastest Combined Transition $ 100,
- Female - Fastest Swim $100, Fastest Cycle $100, Fastest Run $100, Fastest Combined Transition $100
- SportsCare & Physiotherapy (Capital Trilogy Triathlon)
- Proximity (Proximity Canberra Triathlon Festival Naming Rights Sponsor)
- EY (EY Jackie Fairweather Memorial Triathlon Naming Rights Sponsor)
- Rolfe Classic BMW (Vehicle Sponsor)
- H2O Marine (Swim Course Sponsor)
- Canberra Southern Cross Club (Venue Sponsor)
- Project Clothing (Apparel Provider)
- The Runners Shop (Run Sponsor)
- Red Hill Express (Food & Beverage Supplier)
- Sports Medicine Australia (Medical Supplier)
- FAQ (2019 update available soon)
- Emergency Plan link