- Triathlon ACT Event Calendar
- Sri Chinmoy Off-Road Duathlon
- ACT Duathlon Championships
- Sri Chinmoy Triple Triathlon
- Jackie Fairweather Memorial Triathlon
- Aquathon Race #1
- Capital Trilogy Triathlon
- Aquathon Race #2
- Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Canberra
- Proximity Canberra Triathlon Festival
- ACT Aquathlon Championships
- Dickson Splash and Dash
- Series Pass
- Series Points
- Triathlon ACT Annual Awards
- Triathlon ACT Event Calendar
> Home Page > State Associations > ACT > Support > ACT Officials
Sport could not operate without the skills, training and dedication of Officials. Triathlon is no different and given the combination of disciplines involved, it certainly requires its Technical Program and the individuals known as "Technical Officials" (TO’s) playing a significant role.
2017-19 Technical Development Plan
Upcoming Courses in ACT
LTO (Local Technical Official)
Date: 15th November 2018
Location: Triathlon ACT Office, 22 King St Deakin
Presenters: Gai Webster
Dinner: A light meal and refreshments will be provided
Registration Closes: 1st November 2018
Registration: To register for the course, please email your name, address, daytime and evening contact phone numbers, dietary requirements and your email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type “LTO Course” in the Subject Header.
Triathlon ACT is conducting an Introduction to Triathlon Officiating LTO (Level 1) accreditation course. The course is designed to give participants a comprehensive understanding of triathlon race competition rules and their practical application in a race environment.
Participants do not need to be active triathletes, but a working knowledge of the sport of triathlon is an advantage. The course is ideal for coaches, club members, non-competitive participants such as parents or partners, or athletes who wish to expand their knowledge and involvement in the sport.
- On-line Course - Complete the On-Line Coaching and Officiating Course located on the ASC website at https://learning.ausport.gov.au before attending this training seminar. Please print your certificate and bring this with you OR email it to Gai Webster at email@example.com.
- Seminar - Attend a 3 hour training seminar held on the evening of Thursday, 16 November 2017, from 6-9pm.
- Exam - Complete the take home exam.
- Practical - component of the course and must be undertaken at EITHER an event in November 2017 OR at another event in January 2018. An assessment process will also be undertaken at your nominated event.
- Motor Bike Familiarisation and Awareness Course - held on a date and venue to be advised.
- Competition Rules - update and discussion to be held on a date and venue to be advised.
There is no charge for the course, but participants must be, or become members of Triathlon ACT (a free Technical (non-competitive) membership is available).
Participants completing the course will acquire LTO accreditation which qualifies them to officiate in triathlon anywhere in the Australia and the world. To maintain accreditation, technical officials must officiate for at least three events per year and attend a Competition Rules update. An exciting career path in officiating is available to those who wish to take their qualifications and experience further.
LTO (Local Technical Official) - Introductory level controlled by the STTA designed to educate the participant on the Race Competition Rules. Triathlon ACT runs a LTO course prior to the commencement of each summer season.
RTO (Regional Technical Official) - Next step to becoming a State/Territory based Race Referee or Technical Delegate. Demonstrated ability in building a professional relationship with State/Territory Race Directors, trust with the STTA as the person ideally 'sanctioning events' and suitable to the senior ranks as a leader. TACT conducts Regional Technical Official courses on demand.
ATO (Australian Technical Official) - Highest national level of achievement. Ability to lead a Technical Team at major National events, liaise with all stakeholders and influence decisions appropriately. RR/TD/CRO at multisport national Championships, Continent cup, Multisport Series Events.
Active ACT Technical Officials
Current accredited triathlon technical officials in the ACT (as at 15th September 2017)
We thank the following Triathlon ACT members who do an amazing amount of work to ensure that events are safe, fair and enjoyable. Thank you for your support!
|Iain Addinell||Bilbys / Defence||RTO|
Technical Official Resources
- Triathlon Australia - Technical Official Resources
- Triathlon Australia - Race Competition Rules
- Apply to be an official at an Event
- Technical Officials Code of Behaviour
- How to Fit a Bike Helmet