Congratulations to the 293 athletes who have today been selected to represent Australia at the 2017 Age Group Sprint and Standard Distance World Championships to be held in Rotterdam, Netherlands.
NSW contributed to 75 athletes to Australia’s total squad, second only to Queensland, who contributed 87.
NSW contributed the highest number of Sprint Distance athletes in the country with 49 and third in Standard Distance numbers with 26, behind Queensland and Victoria, who contributed 49 and 33 respectively.
2017 AUSTRALIAN AGE GROUP MULTI-SPORT TEAM (PENTICTON, CANADA)
Event:2017 ITU Age Group World Multi-Sport Championships
Event Date:18th August 2017 to 27th of August 2017
Event Location:Penticton, Canada
2017 AUSTRALIAN AGE GROUP MULTI-SPORT TEAM LIST
2017 Australian Age Group Multi-Sport Team -Final Team List 1st May 2017
2017 AUSTRALIAN AGE GROUP MULTI-SPORT TEAM FACTS
1. 151 Individual Triathlon Australia members will compete at the 2017 International Triathlon Union World Multi-Sport Championships in Penticton, Canada.
2. Triathlon Australia will make 198 different event entries for athletes competing on the 2017 Australian Age Group Multi-Sport team.
3. The youngest person competing on the 2017 Australian Age Group Multi-Sport team is Anastasia Heikkila. Anastasia will compete in the 16 to 19 year female category in the Aquathlon event.
4. The oldest athlete competing on the 2017 Australian Age Group Multi-Sport team is Jolyon Ward. Jolyon will compete in the 80 to 84 year male category in the Standard Distance Duathlon event.
5. Lachlan Lewis another male competitor in the 80 to 84 year age group will be competing in multiple events including the Aquathlon, Sprint Distance Duathlon and Standard Distance Duathlon,
6. Trudy Grahame will be our busiest female Australian competitior in Penticton. Trudy will be competing in the female 45 to 49 category across the Sprint Distance Duathlon, Standard Distance Duathlon, Aquathlon and Long Distance Triathlon events.
7. John Hill will be our busiest male Australian competitor in Penticton. John will be competing in the 60 to 64 male category across the Sprint Distance Duathlon, Standard Distance Duathlon, Cross Triathlon and Long Distance Triathlon.
8. 17 Australian athletes will compete for gold in the inaugural International Triathlon Union Aquabike Age Group World Championships.
9. The following 2017 Australian Age Group team athletes will be striving to retain there 2016 ITU Age Group World Champion crowns: Brandi Alberts (20-24 Female, Standard Distance Duathlon), Tim Lang (45-49 Male, Cross Triathlon)
2017 AUSTRALIAN AGE GROUP TRIATHLON TEAM (SPRINT, STANDARD, OPEN PARATRIATHLON) ROTTERDAM, NETHERLANDS
Event: 2017 International Triathlon Union Age Group Triathlon World Championships
Event Date: 14th September to the 17th of September 2017
Event Location:Rotterdam, Netherlands
2017 AUSTRALIAN AGE GROUP TRIATHLON TEAM LISTS
2017 Australian Age Group Sprint Distance Triathlon Team:Team List 3rd May 2017
2017 Australian Age Group Standard Distance Triathlon Team:Team List 3rd May 2017
2017 Australian Open Paratriathlon Team:Team List 3rd May 2017
2017 AUSTRALIAN AGE GROUP TRIATHLON TEAM FACTS
1. 146 Australian athletes have been selected to compete in the sprint distance draft legal triathlon event.
2. 146 Australian athletes have been selected to compete in the standard distance triathlon event.
3. 1 athlete Nige Young from WA has been selected in the open paratriathlon category.
4. Australian athletes will race in Rotterdam, Netherlands on Sunday the 17th of September 2017
5. The youngest competitor on the 2017 age group team is 16 year old Jasmine Eden Gray who will compete in the sprint distance event.
6. The oldest competitor on the 2017 age group team is 80 year old John Bennetts who will compete in the sprint distance event.
7. 2016 reigning sprint distance age group world champion Karen Barrow will be trying to defend her crown at the 2017 ITU World Championships in the female 40 to 44 age group sprint distance triathlon event.
8. Charlotte McShane's sister Colette McShane (female 35-39 sprint distance triathlon) and father Frank McShane (male 55-59 standard distance triathlon) will be competing on the Australian age group team in Rotterdam.
9. Current Triathlon Australia Board member Liz Savage will be competing in the 40-44 female standard distance age group event.
10. Triathlon Australia's very own Corporate Services Manager Stuart Hoopmann will compete in the male 50-54 sprint distance event.
11. Oceania Triathlon President Peter Hedge will compete in the 55-59 male sprint distance event.
12. Post her successful Paralympic campaign in Rio with Katie Kelly, Michellie Jones will return to the Australian age group team in the 45-49 female sprint distance event.