The All Schools Triathlon returns to the International Regatta Centre this year (date tbc).
In a bid to prepare athletes for the NSW All Schools Triathlon as best as possible, Hills Triathlon Club will host an "All Schools Prep Race" on February 6th. Further to the Hills TC All Schools Prep Race, Triathlon NSW will also be running schools based skills clinics prior to the event to further assist in developing the skills necessary for the competition.
Hills Triathlon Club are one of the largest Triathlon Clubs in NSW, and run a professional and safe Triathlon Race Series each year - providing beginner to professional athletes the opportunity to race in a safe, controlled environment.
Coach Education & Pathway Lead for Triathlon NSW and Triathlon ACT Robyn Low-Hart thanks the Hills Triathlon Club for offering up such a wonderful opportunity to Highschool students in the lead up to the 2022 All Schools Triathlon.
"I would like to personally thank the Hills Triathlon Club for providing this race opportunity to all High School aged athletes. The opportunity to compete on a race course six weeks prior to the All Schools Triathlon event will enable athletes and coaches to reflect and make any adjustments that might be necessary. I know the athletes in the TNSW / TACT Pathway are very keen for the All Schools event - floods last year damaged the venue and unfortunately NSW All Schools was unable to go ahead".
The event will identically replicate the All Schools Triathlon by allowing athletes to practice on the same course, over the same distances (Senior, Intermediate & Junior) as the NSW Event. The preparation race is open to all high school athletes years 7-12 (2022), regardless of their chosen sport.
This prep race is for those athletes that;
- Intend to nominate and compete at the NSW All Schools Triathlon, Penrith Lakes NSW in March 2022.
- May not yet have considered nominating for the NSW All Schools Triathlon, but are interested and/or talented: Swimmers, Cyclists (BMX, MTB, Road or Track), Runners (Athletics, Cross-Country) and Other athletes with good endurance and fitness (AFL, Soccer, Equestrian, etc.)
This is the only race where;
- Students can race the identical race distance for the NSW All Schools Triathlon.
- Students can race at the exact venue and the same race course as the NSW All Schools Triathlon.
- Will only race against athletes of the same age category as the NSW All Schools Triathlon.
Any student from any NSW/ACT Highschool may attend as long as;
- Swimmers must be competent and able to meet the demands of the swim leg (at least 400m without assistance)
- Have an Australian standard (AS/NZS 2063) approved bike helmet.
- The bike used may be on-road, off-road or youth style. No "time-trial", recumbent style or BMX Bikes are allowed.
- All bikes must be presented for a safety inspection prior to racing on the course.
- All students aged 16 years or older on the day of racing must be able to provide proof of double vaccination.
- All students aged 16 years or older must be accompanied by a double vaccinated guardian whom must assist by volunteering for this race. A free race entry (valued at $80) will be offered to all prep-race volunteers to be used for the Hills Tri Club March race.
Registrations are now open and places are LIMITED.
For further information or enquires, please contact Hills Triathlon Club Juniors Coordinator, Jessica on 0400 966 334.