Today the NSW Government announced community sport will be able to return following the achievement of the 80 percent double vaccination target. This announcement also included several further easing of restrictions for double-vaccinated citizens as well as additional easing of restrictions from December 1.
From the Monday after NSW hits the 80 per cent (aged 16 and over) double dose vaccination target, eased restrictions will allow those who are fully vaccinated to have up to 10 people visit their home, participate in community sport, and access hospitality venues (where drinking while standing up will be allowed indoors). All premises will operate at 1 person per 4sqm indoors, and 1 person per 2sqm outdoors.
This is fantastic news for our triathlon club community and their members and now provides some guidance on the resumption of our sport. Based on the current rates of double dose vaccination, it is envisaged that this return will occur in the last 7 to 10 days of October.
VACCINATION CRITICAL TO PARTICIPATION
Vaccination is critical in the return to participation for any individual, and we strongly encourage our Clubs to continue similar dialogue with their eligible members.
Triathlon NSW will be following the government advice in relation to vaccination and participation in community sport.
For more information on COVID-19 Vaccinations, please view the government's advice here.
80 PERCENT ROADMAP SUMMARY
Under the Reopening NSW roadmap at 80 percent, the following freedoms will apply only to fully vaccinated adults (16+) and those with medical exemptions (staff and patrons).
For full details, please view the government website here.
Rules are relevant to the sport of Triathlon:
• Up to 20 people can continue to gather in unregulated outdoor settings
• Up to 200 people can attend COVID Safe events
• Community sport permitted
• Those who are not fully vaccinated may only gather outdoors in groups of 2 people.
• Unrestricted trips between Greater Sydney and Regional NSW will be permitted
• Caravan parks and camping grounds can operate, including for those who are not fully vaccinated
• Carpooling is permitted. Those who are not fully vaccinated can only carpool with their household.
CHANGES FROM 1 DECEMBER 2021
On Wednesday 1 December 2021, the following settings will apply to all NSW citizens, regardless of their vaccination status:
N.B This is a summary and for full details please view the government website here.
Gatherings in the home and outdoor public spaces
• No limit on the number of people who can attend informal outdoor gatherings
• COVID Safe plan required for outdoor events with more than 1,000 people
• Community sport permitted for all people.
• Domestic travel, including trips between Greater Sydney and Regional NSW
• Caravan parks and camping grounds can operate
• Carpooling is permitted
Should you have any questions here please contact Triathlon NSW Chief Executive Officer Adam Wicks (email@example.com)