ATTENTION FEMALES TRIATHLON NSW MEMBERS: Scholarships for the Layne Beachley Scholarship are now open.
The Layne Beachley Foundation’s Scholarship Program provides grants, mentoring and inspiration to young Australian women who dream and dream BIG! Something that Triathlon NSW encourages all members to do.
The scholarships are awarded annually in many areas including sport, science, art, music and entertainment, environment and sustainability plus business, leadership and community. If you are a triathlete or run a program to inspire others / increase participation then sport is the category for you.
Scholarships are awarded to applicants who best show what their dream is, how they plan to achieve it and demonstrate what impact the financial and mentor support will have on their education or personal/professional development as well as the community.
Applications open: 1 February 2018
Applications close: 31 March 2018 (submission can be made until 11.59pm)
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Females, 12 years of age by 31/01/2018 (upper age limit is open)
- Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia
- Young women who have initiative and passion and are committed to achieving a dream in their field of choice (including previous recipients).
- $4,000 grant
- Two-day workshop in Sydney with Layne Beachley (domestic flights + accommodation provided) plus a ticket to the Foundation’s Gala dinner
- A dedicated mentor for monthly one-to-one sessions
- Exclusive access to FB live sessions and online resources
- A community of like-minded women to support you
Applications close 31 March. Apply online. Winners announced on 1 July 2018.