Already feeling guilty about all of the ham that you have booked yourself into devour on Christmas Day?
Well, the Maitland Triathlon Club has a solution to quell that impending guilt.
The Maitland Triathlon Club will be holding a club race on the 24th of December.
“With all the hype of Christmas it’s a great opportunity to unwind race and have fun the day before,” said Maitland Committee member, Peter Hodgson. “We generally get around 150 competitors across our five races.”
The five races are:
- Splash n Dash (7 years and under): 25m swim across the pool, 150m run to the finish line in front of all the seniors.
- Sub Junior (7-9 years): 100m swim, 2km ride, 500m run
- Junior (10-12 years): 150m swim, 6km ride, 1km run
- Intermediate (13-14 years): 250m swim, 12km ride, 2km run
- Senior (15 years and older): 450m swim, 18km ride, 4km run
* There is a ladies wave and a fast and slow men’s wave in the senior race.
- Splash n Dash is free
- Juniors are $5
- Seniors are $10 if you are a Triathlon NSW member. If you are not, please add an additional $10 for insurance. This fee also includes breakfast.