Coaches are a fundamental part of triathlon, and play an important role in guiding and motivating members to achieve their best. There are a range of Triathlon Australia accreditations available to suit different levels of coaches, and these specialised coaches benefit members in a number of ways.
Why choose a Triathlon Australia accredited coach?
- The coach has attended a world leading coach training program in which they learned from experienced coaching mentors and experts to develop their coaching skills and knowledge.
- They are covered by Triathlon Australia Coaches Insurance for their work in regards to triathlon coaching.
- They are kept up to date with the State and National bodies on everything triathlon;
They have committed to upholding a range of world leading quality coaching standards endorsed by Triathlon Australia and Sport Australia including:
- Triathlon Australia Integrity Framework including Australian standards in ethics and integrity, antidoping and member protection.
- Working With Children Check/Vulnerable People compliance.
- First Aid & CPR certified (Development Coaches and above).
By committing to these standards, you can be confident our accredited coaches have the skills and knowledge necessary to provide the highest quality coaching environment. These accreditation requirements are developed to continually further coaches knowledge base and help coaches evolve over time. Triathlon Australia Accredited Coaches are always striving to be the forefront of triathlon coaching skills and knowledge.
How do I check my coach’s accreditation?
· Use our coaching database here to find a local accredited coach and what level of accreditation they have.
· Look out for a coaching badge on any emails, which acknowledges that the coach has completed their accreditation requirements.