Who can participate?
The weekend is predominately focusing on junior, youth and Under 23 triathletes.
We encourage both draft-legal & non-drafting junior and youth (ages 13-19 years) and Under 23 athletes to participate in the clinics, aquathlon and triathlon program.
Of course, younger participants are welcome to race on Sunday in the midgets, juniors or enforcer races. The TRYStars participants will compete in either the Midgets or Junior race on Sunday morning as well.
Whilst the majority of racing will be for the juniors, senior athletes have not been forgotten. The Orange Triathlon Club is hosting a Sprint & Enticer Triathlon on Sunday at 10:30am for age group triathletes.
$70 including lunch & snacks.
For draft legal juniors the cost includes: 2 x coached clinics + aquathlon + draft legal mini triathlon on Saturday + draft legal triathlon on Sunday.
For non-drafting juniors, the cost includes: 2 x coached clinics + aquathlon + transition race on Saturday + enticer or enforcer triathlon on Sunday.
CLICK HERE to register for Orange’s Junior Triathlon Festival or call Triathlon NSW on 8488 6250.
Registration closes on Wednesday the 23rd of November at 8:00pm.
Gosling Creek Reserve, Orange.
Day 1: Saturday 26th of November
• 10am – 10:30am Junior/U23 registration
• 10:30am – 11am Youth registration
• 11am – 12pm open water swim clinic (Youth/Junior)
• 12:30pm – ITU Youth/Junior/U23 Aquathlon 300m/1.5km
• 1:15pm – 2:00pm lunch (lunch pack supplied or BYO)
• 2:00pm – 3:00pm cycle skills clinic (Youth/Junior)
• 3:30pm – Transition race - non-drafting
• 3:45pm - ITU Ultra Sprint Triathlon 200m/5km/1.5km
Day 2: Sunday 27th of November
• 7:00am – 8:00am register
• 8:15am - Midgets 50m/800m/400m (TRYstars and Mini Stars)
• 8:30am Juniors - 100m/2km/600m (TRYStars and Super Stars)
• 8:45am Enforcer - 200m/6km/1.5km – non-drafting
• 9:15am ITU Draft Legal Super Sprint – 300m/8km/2km
• 10:30am Enticer – 400m/10km/2.5km – non-drafting
• 10:30am Club Sprint Race – 750m/20km/5km – non-drafting
Other Sporting Events:
• A 5km Park Run is held every Saturday at 8:00am at Gosling Creek Reserve - http://www.parkrun.com.au/orange
• Cycle Club Road Race with sign on at 2:30pm on Saturday. The race is a 44km handicap race (A-D grade) and 22km for E grade. The race is co-sanctioned so both Cycling Australia & Triathlon Australia members are able to race - http://occ.org.au/