The South West Sydney Academy of Sport (SWSAS) is currently accepting nominations from male and female athletes interested in attending selection trials for the academy 2017-2018 Triathlon program.
The Academy implements a Triathlon program in association with Triathlon NSW. The focus of the program is on high standards of individual performance and excellence based on a solid platform of skill development.
The program is a link in the Triathlon Australia junior triathlete development pathway, linking club athletes to State and National programs.
SWSAS is now accepting nominations from male and female athletes for its 2017/2018 Triathlon program.
- Athletes must be between 12 and 16 years of age, born 2002-2006 and attending high school in 2018 (a slightly younger athlete may be considered as a development athlete subject to places being available).
- Athletes must reside or attend school or compete for a sporting club within the defined local government areas of: Campbelltown, Camden, Liverpool and Wollondilly (SWSAS may consider external athletes under some circumstances).
- Athletes must be committed to progressing to higher representation within the sport of triathlon e.g. NSW Development Squad.
- Athletes must be committed to attending all coaching/training, education sessions and camps. However we understand that from time to time athletes may be unable to attend sessions due to illness, holiday commitments or competing higher level sporting events for example. Prior arrangement must be sort and approved from SWSAS to be absent from any sessions.
- Athletes must be a member of Triathlon Australia/Triathlon NSW (or agree to join upon selection).
- Athletes must be a financial member of a triathlon club (or agree to join upon selection). (Note: Junior triathletes and also non-triathletes who have achieved a significant level in one or more of the triathlon disciplines (swim, bike, run) are encouraged to nominate. Non-triathletes need to demonstrate a sound level of ability in the other disciplines).
- Must be submitted on the official Nomination Form attached to this information document or obtained from the Academy’s office or downloaded from the Academy’s website http://www.swsas.org.au no later than Wednesday 6th September 2017.
- Athletes must provide all relevant information requested – any incomplete nominations may result in the nomination not being considered.
CLICK HERE for more information on the program and the selection process.