Junior Development Officer Role
Triathlon NSW has a vacancy for a casual Employee to fill the vacant role of Junior Development Officer.
ABOUT TRIATHLON NSW
Triathlon NSW (TNSW) is the official body responsible for the management and delivery of triathlon, duathlon, aquathlon and multisport within NSW. TNSW has approximately 6,000 members across 60 clubs and is affiliated with Triathlon Australia.
The purpose of TNSW is to grow the sport of triathlon across the state, strengthen clubs, increase memberships and connect the triathlon community through programs, events and regular communication.
Our six key areas of focus are:
Engagement – A sport where everyone feels connected
Access – A sport that anyone can do
Pathways – A sport where everyone has the opportunity to achieve
Clubs – A sport of thriving clubs and communities
Partnerships – A sport of collaborative partnerships, enhancing value and achieving collectively · Organisation/Governance – A sport in safe hands
The role of the Junior Development Officer is to provide opportunities for participation & membership growth in triathlon for Juniors by supporting our club network, and engaging with new markets to encourage new juniors into the sport.
The role will also support the Coach Education & Pathway Manager by working with early Pathway program integration, i.e. transition from participation level to Talent ID program level with athletes moving into TNSW Talent ID pathway and RAS programs;
The Junior Development Officer will act as the main communication point for schools & gyms and will distribute information and organise sport-related projects, programs, club development opportunities and training for those who want to participate for fun and those who are interested in competition.
The Junior Development Officer reports directly to the CEO. A professional manner and high-level customer service skills is vital. The role requires an ability to work autonomously and ensure confidentiality, although the contribution to the team is of utmost importance.
Junior Club Development
- Act as main contact with clubs to develop best practice in coaching, youth development and entry level participant training programs.
- Continue to work closely with clubs to develop increased quantity of coaches delivering junior programs.
- Work with clubs in NSW currently delivering Junior initiatives to enhance and support their programs (or utilizing the qualified coach network around NSW) resulting in an increase in junior members.
- Conduct a Junior promotional campaign annually, leading into NSW All Schools.
- Work with clubs not currently running a junior program to support the inclusion of juniors and grow the quantity of clubs accepting the Active Kids Voucher, currently offered via the Office of Sport.
Participation Project Management
- Assist Triathlon NSW Clubs to deliver Tri Active programs in NSW (both juniors and adults) and further explore opportunities through gyms and the corporate sector.
- Coordinate the Talent ID Academy Program, in pilot phase.
- Become the main point of contact for all schools requesting support and information in the delivery of a triathlon participation program.
- Grow the ‘Triathlon in Schools’ program through enhanced engagement and greater communications with schools,
- Work to create the links between ‘Triathlon Friendly schools’ and clubs that offer junior programs to create clear pathways for those interested.
- Working in partnership with Triathlon Australia on school’s initiatives such as 'sporting schools’ and the main deliverer of ASC participation initiatives.
Support Talent ID Program
- With the support of the Coach Education & Pathway Manager, organize a series of Talent ID clinics (either delivered by local qualified coaches or directly), engaging new athletes, schools and coaches around NSW.
SELECTION CRITERIA - ESSENTIAL
- Confident with a drive to do things better and to identify, set and strive for challenging goals
- Preferably previous experience working within the sporting industry.
- Demonstrated experience in participation growth projects.
- Exceptional High level communication skills; face to face, telephone and general correspondence
- Computer skills, including sound knowledge of general Microsoft applications.
- Experience in working independently and as an integral part of a team
- Is able to plan and organise resources/people and priorities demands at any moment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks projects in a constantly changing environment.
SELECTION CRITERIA - DESIRABLE
Being a qualified triathlon coach with experience working with juniors will be highly desirable but not essential.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV and Cover Letter (no longer than 3 pages) via email to email@example.com before the closing deadline of 5 pm on Tuesday 23rd July.
For any further questions, please call 0438 648 117