Triathlon NSW Development Pathway
Season 2020/2021 will see some significant changes to the Development Pathway (‘the Pathway’) in NSW. However, our philosophy will remain the same. The objectives of the program remains to create environments which athletes can develop the necessary tactical, technical, physiological and psychological skill competencies to aid progression through to the National Athlete Pathway.
The previous program entitled ‘TNSW Talent ID’ will be removed in season 2020/2021. It will be replaced by a new program called ‘Rest of State Talent Academy’ (ROSTA). This will be aligned with the current Regional Academies of Sport Programs (RASi), conducted around NSW.
The ROSTA is the newly formed program designed to service those who do not have access to a Regional Academy of Sport (“RASi”) due to their geographic location. Those who do not have access to a Regional Academy of Sport program are invited to apply for the ROSTA.
Our TNSW Emerging Talent Squad will primarily target our ITU Junior athletes with Training and Race Camp experiences. This level will rightly wear the TNSW Trisuit and see a focus on building more advanced tactical and technical skills whilst developing a level of robustness and behavioural attributes that will equip them to better handle the full time training demands post high school. Click here to see the 2020/2021 squad list.
Our U23 Development Squad gives our university-age athletes the time and space to establish a training environment to suit them, settle into university and potentially life out of home, all whilst training to develop their professional career in sport and racing professionally around the world. Click here to see the 2020/2021 squad list.
Please see below further information about the NSW Development Pathway.
Any enquiries should be directed to Mick Delamotte or the Triathlon NSW Office on (02) 8488 6250.
1. TNSW Development Pathway Selection Policy 2020
2. TNSW Development Pathway Appeals Policy 2020
3. Runaway Bay Quota Policy (2019)
4. TNSW Runaway Bay Quota Appeal Policy (2019)
5. TNSW Mixed Team Relay (MTR) Selection Policy 2020
6. TNSW Mixed Team Relay (MTR) Selection Appeal Policy 2020
6. Triathlon Australia Draft Legal Endorsement Policy*
*For the sake of clarity, an approved bike skills assessor in NSW is a currently accredited Triathlon Australia Performance Coach or Regional Academy of Sport Triathlon Head Coach.
1. Triathlon NSW Billigence Pathway Championship Series
2. Triathlon Australia Youth Junior U23 Triathlon Series
3. Academy Games (2020 info)
4. All Schools Triathlon
5. Billigence Talent ID Camp 2020
- ATHLETE EDUCATION SESSION: SELF REGULATION - Presented by Dr Juanita Weissensteiner & Brendan Sexton (27 October 2020)
- PARENT ENGAGEMENT SESSION: TIPS ON SUPPORTING YOUR EMERGING ATHLETES - Presented by Dr Juanita Weissensteiner (20 October 2020)
- EDUCATION SERIES VIDEOS Coach | Development Sessions (hosted by Triathlon QLD)