- All Junior Events in NSW
- Triathlon NSW Race Calendar
- Triathlon NSW Events
- Volunteer for Events
> Home Page > State Associations > NSW > Getting Started > Triathlon NSW Pathway
Triathlon NSW Pathway
Triathlon is a lifelong participation sport
A goal of Triathlon NSW / Triathlon Australia is to create welcoming entry points for people of all ages and abilities, providing lifelong participation in the sport of triathlon.
Whether your goal is to complete your first Sprint or Olympic distance triathlon, participate in state or national championships, or to gain selection for the age group world championship team, triathlon is a sport which provides the pathways between participation and high performance in a way which enables all individuals to achieve whatever level they aspire to.
Some of the best ways to get involved in the sport can be to:
- Enter a short distance enticer /novice race. Such events are usually delivered as low-competitive, fun for all events.
- Enter as a member of a two or three person team. This can be a great way to try out the sport with your friends, and get to know the three disciplines of a triathlon.
- Join a triathlon club. Triathlon clubs are a great way to meet other triathletes and coaches, get involved in a regular training programme, or sign up for a skills development course. Clubs will often keep their members updated on local or state races and events, and provide a great social aspect to the sport.
- Go along as a supporter for your family or friend, and get to know the sport as a spectator – we guarantee you will leave wanting to have a go yourself!
Triathlon Australia is currently developing the following programmes to be run through clubs that will aim to get people involved in the sport:
- Trystars will be aimed at increasing the participation of people who are 17 years of age or under
- Tri-a-Tri will be aimed at increasing the participation of people who are aged 18 and above
- Tri-4-all will be aimed at people who have a disability.