- Find Events
- Our Events
- Club Championships
- Scody Club Championships - North Queensland
- National Championships
- Age Group World Championships
- State Series
Age Group World Championships
ABOUT AGE GROUP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS
Did you know that as a member of Triathlon Australia you can qualify to represent Australia at the Age Group World Championships as part of Team Australia?
The Age Group World Championships are held alongside the Elite World Championships at varying locations around the globe each year. Triathlon Australia can select up to 20 male and 20 female athletes per Age Group category to represent Team Australia at the World Championships - that's up to 560 athletes per discipline - and you could be one of them!
WEAR THE GREEN & GOLD
AGE GROUP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP DISCIPLINES
There is plenty of opportunity to become a World Champ for your Age Group, with eleven disciplines to choose from.
- Sprint Distance Triathlon (Draft Legal) - 750m Swim, 20km Cycle (Draft Legal), 5km Run
- Mixed Team Relay (Draft Legal) - Distance to be confirmed by World Triathlon approximately 300m Swim, 5km to 8km Cycle (Draft Legal), 1.5km to 2km Run. Each athlete will complete all 3 legs before handing over to the next team member.
- Standard Distance Triathlon (Non Draft Legal) - 1.5km Swim, 40km Cycle, 10km Run
- Super Sprint Triathlon (Non Draft Legal) - Distance to be confirmed by World Triathlon approximately 250m to 500m Swim, 6.5km to 13km Cycle, 1.7km to 3.5km Run. This event will be run in a time trial format.
- Standard Distance Aquabike (Non Draft Legal) - 1.5km Swim, 40km Cycle
- Sprint Distance Duathlon (Draft Legal) - 5km Run, 20km Cycle (Draft Legal), 2.5km Run
- Standard Distance Duathlon - 10km Run, 40km Cycle, 5km Run
- Cross Triathlon - 1.5km Swim, 30km Mountain Bike Ride, 8km Trail Run
- Aquathlon - 1km Swim, 5km Run
- Aquabike - 3km Swim, 120km Cycle
Long Distance Triathlon - 3km Swim, 120 Cycle, 30km Run