- Find Events
- Our Events
- Club Championships
- Scody Club Championships - North Queensland
- National Championships
- Age Group World Championships
- State Series
ABOUT NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Do you like the sound of becoming a National Champion? Here is your chance! Triathlon is a unique sport where there are many opportunities to become a National Champion.
The Australian National Championships are the pinnacle of events on our domestic calendar for all members. You can become a National Champion by winning your Age Group in any of Triathlon Australia's National Championship races. Race in the National Championship events in Queensland or take the opportunity to travel to some of the best locations in Australia.
Australian Age Group Aquathlon Championships - Townsville Triathlon Festival (QLD) - 27 August 2022
Australian Age Group Sprint Duathlon Championships - Townsville Triathlon Festival (QLD) - 28 August 2022
Australian Age Group Cross Triathlon Championships - TreX Snowy Mountains (NSW) - 22 November 2022
Australian Age Group Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships - St Kilda (VIC) - 15 January 2023
Australian Age Group Aquabike Championship -Husky Triathlon Festival (NSW) - 26 February 2023
Australian Age Group Long Distance Championships - Big Husky Triathlon Festival (NSW) - 26 February 2023
Australian Age Group Standard Distance Triathlon Championships - Mooloolaba (QLD) - 12 March 2023
Australian Age Group Super Sprint Triathlon Championships - Elite Energy (QLD) - 1 April 2023
Australian Age Group Standard Duathlon Championships - Canberra Duathlon (ACT) - 17 June 2023
For more information on Australian Championship events please click here
AGE GROUP & ELITE/U23 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP DISCIPLINES
There are plenty of opportunities to become a National Champion for your Age Group or race in the Elites, with eleven disciplines to choose from.
- Sprint Distance Triathlon (Draft Legal) - 750m Swim, 20km Cycle (Draft Legal), 5km Run
- Mixed Team Relay (Draft Legal) - Distance to be confirmed by World Triathlon approximately 300m Swim, 5km to 8km Cycle (Draft Legal), 1.5km to 2km Run. Each athlete will complete all 3 legs before handing over to the next team member.
- Standard Distance Triathlon (Non Draft Legal) - 1.5km Swim, 40km Cycle, 10km Run
- Super Sprint Triathlon (Non Draft Legal) - Distance to be confirmed by World Triathlon approximately 250m to 500m Swim, 6.5km to 13km Cycle, 1.7km to 3.5km Run. This event will be run in a time trial format.
- Standard Distance Aquabike (Non Draft Legal) - 1.5km Swim, 40km Cycle
- Sprint Distance Duathlon (Draft Legal) - 5km Run, 20km Cycle (Draft Legal), 2.5km Run
- Standard Distance Duathlon - 10km Run, 40km Cycle, 5km Run
- Cross Triathlon - 1.5km Swim, 30km Mountain Bike Ride, 8km Trail Run
- Aquathlon - 1km Swim, 5km Run
- Aquabike - 3km Swim, 120km Cycle
Long Distance Triathlon - 3km Swim, 120 Cycle, 30km Run