- Find Events
- Our Events
- Club Championships
- Scody Club Championships - North Queensland
- National Championships
- Age Group World Championships
- State Series
Tri Before You Buy
TRIAL YOUR LOCAL CLUB
Are you Tri-Curious? Have you ever wanted to give a triathlon club a go, but are not ready to commit to signing up for the whole season? Come and Tri Before You Buy.
Whether it’s a coffee ride or training for Kona, being a Triathlon Queensland club member has many benefits – training partners, coaching, encouragement, camaraderie and support. (Plus reduced Triathlon Australia membership fees).
Triathlon Queensland’s Tri Before You Buy programme offers a range of free or low cost options to try out a club before committing to membership. The pass covers Triathlon Australia (TA) membership and insurance1 for people who haven’t been members of Triathlon Australia and want to give club life a go.
- Want to come along and just try a couple of sessions, then the free 14 Day Trial is for you.
- Want to stay a bit longer, or join a beginner’s programme? Try our $20 8 Week Trial.
Our trial options are the perfect way for you to test the waters with your local triathlon club and see if it is the right fit for you. Get in touch with your local triathlon club and ask about Tri Before You Buy today.
Like club life?
Become a member! If you’ve participated in the 8 week trial and wish to become a member, the $20 insurance cost of the 8 week trial program is redeemable on your Annual Triathlon Australia membership. Contact us for your discount code firstname.lastname@example.org
- This offer is only available to new members – adults and children.
- For both trial memberships, clubs may charge session or coaching fees – you will need to ask your local club for more details.
- The trial membership does not cover you for insurance costs when racing – you will still need a One Day Membership to race.
- Some clubs will have separate programmes for you to join (e.g. Beginner programmes), some will allow you to join their regular sessions for 8 weeks. Again, it's best to ask your local club for the details.
To continue participating in club training sessions, once your trial period has ended, you will need to become a club member and a member of Triathlon Australia.
1 The Tri Before You Buy program covers the individual under Triathlon Australia insurance policy while they are training with a Triathlon Queensland affiliated club. Triathlon Australia Insurance Program details here