> Home Page > State Associations > SA > About Us > Awards Criteria
Triathlon SA Major Awards
TriSA Awards subcommittee consisting of President, Vice President and Executive Officer shall have responsibility for assessment and determination of all all Awards. They will then make recommendations to the board for approval.
In recognition of the diversity of State, Interstate and International events TriSA members compete in it is almost impossible for TriSA to be across all results, as a result TriSA Clubs will be invited to nominate their members who have achieved at the highest level.
Triathlete of the Year
- Recognises performance at the highest level
Open to all Triathlon SA members holding a current Triathlon Australia Race Licence.
- Qualification Period 12 month period 1 May – 30 April
- Events sanctioned by ITU affiliated organisations and Internationally recognised sanctioning organisations
- Must compete in a minimum of three TriSA sanctioned events during qualification period
- Assess performances by all TriSA triathletes for the 12 month eligibility period
- Weighting considerations are in the following order:
- World Championship ( ITU and WTC designated World Championships),
- National Championship ( TA designated Australian Championships and Ironman Australia),
- State Championship (TriSA nominated State Championships),
- State Series (TriSA State Series),
- SA Races ( Events sanctioned by TriSA), and
- Interstate and International
- Each race category eg Open, Junior or Age Group will be considered equally.
- The selection sub-committee shall take in consideration the stature of the race, quality of the field and finish time in comparison to the category winning time.
Category Triathlete of the Year
The Category Triathlete of the Year will be awarded to the category winners of the TriSA State Series.
Category Triathlete of the Year will be awarded to Male and Female category winners
Categories consist of
- Junior High Performance
- 5 Year Age Group Categories
Junior Encouragement Award
The Junior Encouragement Award is selected by the Junior Development Program sub-committee and recognises the junior who best represents:
- Hard work;
- Persistence; and
Technical Officer of the Year
The Technical Officer of the Year Award is selected by the TriSA Technical Committee and recognises the TO who best represents:
- Consistent quality decision making; and
TriSA Event of the Year
The Event of the Year nominations are selected by the Awards Sub Committee for voting by TriSA members. The Event of the Year recognises the event that is judged by TriSA members as representing:
- High organisational standards:
- Represented an enjoyable race experience; and
Outstanding Achievement Award
May be awarded to one or more triathletes in recognition of an outstanding achievement such as:
- World Championship placing
- International Race win
- National Championship win
The Triathlete of the Year is not eligible for an Outstanding Achievement Award
The President may award the Presidents Award to an organisation or individual (not necessary to be a TriSA member) who in the opinion of the President has made a significant contribution to and enhanced the standing of Triathlon in SA during the qualification period. The recipient may be the media, a volunteer, TO, administrator, Race Director or competitor.
Hall of Fame
The TriSA Board has the discretion to elect one of more members of the Hall of Fame annually.
The Hall of Fame recognises the pinnacle of the sport. To be nominated for the Hall of Fame triathletes must have competed at a high level for a minimum of 5 years. In that time they must have won or placed in the top three on a consistent basis in State, National or International events at their Race Category.
Administrators of the Sport and Race Directors can also be included. For consideration nominees must have served the sport for a minimum of five years and made a significant contribution to the Sport. For example if through their actions a legacy to the sport has been created, such as an event, or an aspect of the sport such as junior development or technical.
TriSA members can nominate a life membership candidate 6 weeks prior to the AGM where members vote on suitability. Life Membership is in recognition of an outstanding contribution to Triathlon in SA through Administration at Club or TriSA Board level. Although nominally Life Membership is awarded to members who have made a long term contribution it is not a long service award and can be awarded to a member who may have made a short term but outstanding lasting contribution.