Triathlon South Australia is the South Australian affiliate association of Triathlon Australia (TA), the national administrative body responsible for the sport of Triathlon in Australia as recognised by the International Triathlon Union (ITU), the Australian Government through the Australian Sports Commission (ASC), the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC), the Australian Commonwealth Games Association (ACGA) and the Australian Paralympic Committee (APC).
It is governed by a Board of up to 9 Elected Directors (ED) and up to 2 Appointed Directors (AP) with the strategic development and growth of the sport within South Australia. It is supported by a small administrative team of dedicated staff. The Board is inviting applications to fill five (5) positions declared vacant at our upcoming Annual General Meeting (AGM). Four (4) positions are for 2 years, and one (1) position is for a period of one year to coincide with our rotation cycle.
The 2018/19 Season is an exciting one, as we continue our organisational transfer to an organisation actively engaged in programming, developmental services and supporting our stakeholders, clubs and members to engage in the sport of Triathlon. The Board of Triathlon SA is committed to the State Government’s 40/40/20 policy initiative and to implement the Governance Principles for South Australian State Sports Organisations for Triathlon in South Australia.
In the first instance enquiries directed to Triathlon South Australia President Garth Tierney via the email below – email@example.com
Applications are requested to address the Board Director Nomination Form on our website with relevance experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 9:00am on Monday the 6th of August 2018.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A willingness to contribute to the development of Triathlon and other multi-sport activities in South Australia (Duathlon, Aquathlon).
- Ongoing interest and previous experience in Triathlon, as competitor, official, coach, administrator.
- Governance experience, particularly on the Board or Committee of a voluntary organisation or club.
- A basic understanding of the roles and duties of Directors of Incorporated Associations (this will be augmented by a Triathlon SA induction process and documentation).
- Sufficient time available to:
- Attend regular Board meetings (at least quarterly)
- Respond to issues circulated between meetings
- Attend a weekend strategic planning session per annum – e.g. Strategy Review, Club Forum
- Represent TriSA at one or more major events per season (e.g. State Championship, State Series)
- Juniors and talent identification
- Have at least one of the specialised skills required to contribute to TriSA governance processes:
- Legal and commercial
- Financial and budgeting
- Planning and strategy
- Media and communications
- Membership development
- Event Management
- Sponsorship and fundraising
- Coaching and athlete development
- Be an individual member of Triathlon South Australia.