Triathlon South Australia is the South Australian affiliate association of Triathlon Australia (TA), the national administrative body responsible for the sport of Triathlon in Australia as recognised by the International Triathlon Union (ITU), the Australian Government through the Australian Sports Commission (ASC), the Australian Olympic Committee (AOC), the Australian Commonwealth Games Association (ACGA) and the Australian Paralympic Committee (APC).
It is governed by a Board of up to 7 Elected Directors (ED) and up to 4 Appointed Directors (AP) with the strategic development and growth of the sport within South Australia. It is supported by a small administrative team of dedicated staff. The Board is inviting applications to fill three (3) vacant positions. Triathlon South Australia is committed to the State Government’s 40/40/20 policy initiative of aiming for a minimum of 40% female representation on our board.
In the first instance enquiries directed to Triathlon South Australia President Garth Tierney via the email below – firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon discussion, candidates are requested to fill out the board director application form
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A willingness to contribute to the development of Triathlon and other multi-sport activities in South Australia (Duathlon, Aquathlon).
- Ongoing interest and previous experience in Triathlon, as competitor, official, coach, administrator.
- Governance experience, particularly on the Board or Committee of a voluntary organisation or club.
- A basic understanding of the roles and duties of Directors of Incorporated Associations (this will be augmented by a Triathlon SA induction process and documentation).
- Sufficient time available to:
- Attend regular Board meetings (at least quarterly)
- Respond to issues circulated between meetings
- Attend a weekend strategic planning session per annum – e.g. Strategy Review, Club Forum
- Represent TriSA at one or more major events per season (e.g. State Championship, State Series)
- Have at least one of the specialised skills required to contribute to TriSA governance processes:
- Planning and strategy
- Media and communications
- Membership development
- Event and Program Management
- Sponsorship and fundraising
- Be an individual member of Triathlon South Australia.
- Working with children check