Entries now open for 2013
Duathlon Series 2013
July 7th Bayside Triathlon Club
Yarra Boulevard Richmond
August 18th Hawthorn Tri Club
Yarra Boulevard Richmond
Sept 8th MTC
Yarra Boulevard Kew
Oct 6th Yarra Triathlon Club
Yarra Boulevard Richmond
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Clubs and Programs > Kids and Junior Programs
Kids and Junior Programs
Results 2012-2013 All Schools Series - Congratulations to all those who participated.
All Schools Series with Triathlon Victoria and XOSZIZE Tri Series
For a great fitness challenge, a fun carnival atmosphere and a cheer squad on the side lines, get your school involved in the Triathlon Victoria All Schools Series. The series is seen as a way of promoting triathlon in secondary schools. Points are awarded to each participant from each school. At the end of the season, Triathlon Victoria will present a Perpetual Shield to the winning girl’s, boy’s and co-ed school.
The XOSIZE Triathlon Series welcomes all school teams to attend any of our five races over the 12/13 summer season. We have allocated a schools/clubs area at each event site where schools can set up their own 3x3m or 6x3m marquees to be used as a meeting point, bag storage and a place to get excited with your fellow students before the big race.
School marquee bookings email@example.com
Team entry form and if you wish to enter 10 or more people for an individual race please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Series standings will appear on the junior page of the Triathlon Victoria website.
Junior competitors start in their own age group waves separate from the senior competitors at the triathlons.
All Schools Series age group categories
12-13, 14-15, 16-18 and 16-18 Junior Draft Legal
• Athletes in the 12-13 age group category compete over the shorter distance;
• Older athletes (14+) may race in the shorter distance races, however, they will not be eligible for finisher places / medallions within the All Schools Series;
• Older athletes (14+) racing in the shorter distance will receive 1 point for finishing;
• Team entries of 1 swimmer, 1 rider and 1 runner will be awarded participation points but no medallions;
All Schools Individual Champion – eligibility requirement
• The Champion title is awarded to the individual in each age group category with the most points at the conclusion of the All Schools Series
• Results will be decided from the athletes total points score from their best four results of the five races in the All Schools Series
• In order to be eligible athletes must compete in a minimum of four All Schools races
• Points are scored as: 1st: 10, 2nd: 9, 3rd: 8, 4th: 7, 5th: 6, 6th: 5, 7th: 4, 8th: 3, 9th: 2, 10th: 1
• All other finishers receive 1 point
• Age is taken as of December 31, 2012
• Athletes must race over the appropriate distance for their age to accrue individual Champion points
Triathlon Victoria awards
• Three All Schools Series Championship Perpetual Shields for schools (Female, Male, Co-Ed)
• Individual All Schools Champions trophies
• Individual medals for each race. (1st to 3rd)
Series trophies will be available from Triathlon Victoria office from April, 2013.
The XOSIZE Tri Series Races 1, 2 and 3 will be used by School Sports Victoria (SSV) for the selection of The School Sport Australia Championships in 2013, which are being held at Penrith, NSW from April 2– 5, 2013. (see below)
The School Sports Victoria 16 -18 team will race non Draft Legal at National Schools competition (this is different to the past 2-3 years).
Note: Athletes competing in 16 to 18 year old Draft Legal Triathlon must be endorsed to race. View the endorsement application at www.trivic.org.au.
School Sport Victoria
The 2013 School Sport Australia Triathlon Championship will be held at Penrith, NSW
Tuesday 2 April – Friday 5 April 2013
School Sport Australia Championships consist of educational and sporting components. Being a member of a School Sport Victoria State Team provides an opportunity to be involved in an all-inclusive educational and sporting excursion. All members of selected teams whether students or team officials are expected to fulfil the responsibilities of being a Victorian Team Member.
• Athletes must be enrolled at a Victorian school affiliated with School Sport Victoria.
• Athletes must nominate on line at www.ssv.vic.edu.au by December 7th to be considered for selection (nominations will open after Friday, September 7th).
• There will be 3 selection races from the ‘Triathlon Victoria & School Sport Victoria - All Schools Series’ (part of the XOSIZE Tri Series)
Athletes in the 12-13 Tri Vic age group compete over the shorter distance. All other athletes compete over the longer distance.
Over the last two years TriVic has partnered with a number of clubs and training groups to offer kids open days.
We would like to thank Nunawading Triathlon Club, Yarra Triathlon and ETPA for their work in helping bringing Triathlon to so many kids and juniors.
This year they have followed up those open days with the provision of a range of kids programs, from Nuna in the east to ETPA in the west.
Please find attached links and information for new term programs from each of these providers.
TriVic is proud to endorse these programs and would highly recommend them to any kids or juniors thinking of trying Triathlon.
|Central||Yarra Triathlon||Website||Daniel Podbury
|East||Nunawading Triathlon Club||Website||Mark Beovich
|Triathlon Kids||Website||Mark Beovich