- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Latest News
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Coaches > Find a Coach
Find a Coach
Things to look for in a coach:
- Qualified? – Do they hold an appropriate Triathlon Australia qualification for triathlon that gives them coaching expertise in your stage of development?
- Experienced? – How long have they been coaching? How many triathletes have they coached?
- Accredited? – Are they accredited Triathlon Australia? This means they are up-to-date with their knowledge base and regularly attend coach development opportunities.
- If a junior - Do they hold a current Working with Children Check?
Can the coach provide?
- Environment – The right environment for your development as an athlete. Are there triathletes of similar age and gender to interact and train with?
- Programs – Squad/individual training. Times that complement your school/work/family routine?
- Location –accessible to where you live/work/go to school?
- Links – To physiotherapist, massage therapist, nutrition, sports doctor, podiatrist, specific discipline coaches, conditioning coaches, sport science testing services?
- Expertise – In the areas you require.
- Planning – Can the coach develop a training and competition plan?
- Mentally – Help you improve your mental skills that will assist you in training and racing; self-confidence.
- Physically – Improve your conditioning and develop your speed, endurance, strength, power, core strength, flexibility.
Discuss with any new coach:
- Review of past experiences
- Significant others in your life – Partner/Friends/Parents/Sponsors/etc
For a list of suitably qualified coaches, please see our “Professional coaches” page
Or ask at your club “who are the qualified coaches coaching for your club?