- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Latest News
- Notice: Triathlon Victoria Technical Committee calling for ‘Expressions of Interest’
- Cancelled - Professional Development for Coaches and Athletes
- Triathlon Victoria Development Program - Tryouts and training day
- Duathlon Series 2017
- Welsh scores silver in Sarasota
- VACANCY: TRYstars Event Activation Volunteers & Coaches
- 2017-18 School Sport Victoria Selection Policy - Triathlon - Point score now available
- Upcoming Events Organisers Seminar
- 2017 Notice of Annual General Meeting of Triathlon Victoria - updated
- Ringwood TC encourages all to give triathlon a go
- Technical Official Payments Policy
- TRIactive Coach Training Program
- SME360 and Triathlon Victoria announce the Victorian Schools Triathlon Championships
- Triathlon Victoria raises the bar in water safety
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- VICS make AUS Age Group Team for Rotterdam
- 2017 Triathlon Victoria Award Winners
- TV Announces New Athlete Pathway Coordinator
- Training Tools for the Triathlete
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Coaches > How to become a Coach
How to become a Coach
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS of becoming an accredited triathlon coach?
As a Triathlon Australia accredited triathlon coach, you will:
- Gain the skills, knowledge and expertise to coach triathletes in the fundamentals of swimming, cycling, running and transition;
- Develop knowledge of the basics of the science of triathlon, e.g. planning and programming, nutrition, sports physiology and growth and development;
- Learn about the “art of coaching” – the fundamentals of communication and relationship building which are critical to quality coaching.
- Be recognised as a Registered Practicing Coach and will be entitled to be listed on the Triathlon Australia website and State Association website.
- Receive an individual certificate of currency for the current membership season.
How do I become an Accredited Triathlon Coach?
The first step in becoming an accredited Triathlon coach is to check when the next courses are and contact Triathlon Victoria. Triathlon Victoria conducts Development Coaching Courses three times a year. Check the 'latest news' on our front page of the website to see when the next course is.
Here is an outline of the Triathlon Australia Coach Education Framework.
Coaches working specifically with Trystars program triathletes
Club & Community Coach
Coaches working with young and relatively inexperienced triathletes under the direction of a more senior triathlon coach
Coaches working with triathletes / para-triathletes who are preparing to compete in triathlon races.
Coaches working with triathletes / para-triathletes who are preparing to compete in national and international triathlon races.
High Performance Coach
Coaches working with triathletes / para-triathletes who are specifically targeting success in elite level international competitions at ITU or equivalent level, eg para-triathlon, elite level world Ironman championships.
Once you have completed a triathlon coaching course, you would then need to take out a coaching membership with Triathlon Australia. If you are already an annual member, your membership will be upgraded to a coaching membership.
All coaches who complete their Triathlon Australia coaching accreditation through the Triathlon Australia membership system will be issued an individual Certificate of Currency as proof of their coaching insurance and be recognised as a Triathlon Australia Recognised Practicing Coach (RPC). A Triathlon Australia Coach membership includes all of the benefits of an Adult membership.