- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Latest News
- Notice: Triathlon Victoria Technical Committee calling for ‘Expressions of Interest’
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- VICS make AUS Age Group Team for Rotterdam
- 2017 Triathlon Victoria Award Winners
- TV Announces New Athlete Pathway Coordinator
- Training Tools for the Triathlete
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Events > Victorian State Series > Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Why where these races selected?
These races were selected to ensure a variety of options across the disciplines of multisport, to support races providing high quality racing experiences and to encourage athletes to compete across disciplines.
Do I need to compete in five races to be eligible to win my Age Group State Series Award?
No. Whilst up to five (5) results may be included in an individual’s points score, you do NOT need to compete in five (5) races to be eligible. The highest overall point score from a maximum of five (5) events will be awarded the title.
The rules state that I can only accrue points from a maximum of two (2) disciplines … what does this mean?
It means that of the seven ‘disciplines’ listed under ‘The Events’ no more than two results can be taken from any single discipline. This means that should an individual race all three eligible sprint races only their best two (2) results would count in their point score final.
Do I need to let TV know which races I am competing in?
No, TV will be working with the race directors to ensure all TV member results are provided to TV for points allocation.
How long after a race will the point score come out?
Race directors will work towards providing results to TV within 7 days of an event. TV will then aim to have the point score updated within a further 7 days (14 days after the event).
If there is an issue with my result or placing who do I contact?
All results/timing issues must go to the race director. Once the results have been received by Triathlon Victoria the places, and hence points allocation, will stand.
If there is an issues with my point allocation on the TV State Series website who to I contact?
Any issues found with the TV State Series Leader board (club and individual) should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens if an event is cancelled?
If an event is cancelled and not able to be rescheduled no points will be awarded to any athlete.
Is there a series registration?
No, all TV members are automatically included in the TV State Series and entry to each event is made through the respective event site.
How does this differ from the Rural Tri Series?
The Rural Tri Series is conducted by a consortium of clubs based in regional Victoria. It offers a similar points system for competitors across that series (seven events in 2014-15) and in 2015-16 will award a club shield to the champions club across the series (open to all TV affiliated clubs). For more information go to http://www.ruraltriseries.com.au