- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Latest News
- Notice: Triathlon Victoria Technical Committee calling for ‘Expressions of Interest’
- Cancelled - Professional Development for Coaches and Athletes
- Triathlon Victoria Development Program - Tryouts and training day
- Duathlon Series 2017
- Welsh scores silver in Sarasota
- VACANCY: TRYstars Event Activation Volunteers & Coaches
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- VICS make AUS Age Group Team for Rotterdam
- 2017 Triathlon Victoria Award Winners
- TV Announces New Athlete Pathway Coordinator
- Training Tools for the Triathlete
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Get Involved > TriActive - Introductory triathlon programs
TriActive - Introductory triathlon programs
Why should you become TriActive?
TriActive is a participation program which focuses on encouraging and supporting adults to begin or return to regular exercise through swim, bike, run and triathlon. TriActive is targeted at people who have fallen out of the habit of exercise, would like to be a bit more active or are interested in triathlon but don't really know how to started.
Sessions: One - 45 minutes run/swim skills and conditioning conducted on a track or running trails and swimming pool. Two - 45 minutes cycling skills and conditioning in a spin studio (indoors). All programs are delivered by Triathlon Australia accredited coaches who are experts in catering for every individual.
Upcoming TriActive Programs
Click here to register your expression of interest in participating in a future TriActive
Click here to request a call back to talk to someone about TriActive
More program information
Over the program sessions participants will learn the skills and gain important knowledge for beginners in the following areas:
- Swimming Skills
- Cycling skills
- Run skills
- Stretching techniques
- Basic nutrition
- Basic bike maintenance
- Basic bike setup
- Triathlon terms and equipment
- Swim - Goggles, bathers, towel, swim cap
- Bike – not required for training sessions
- Run – runners and comfortable clothing
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- I’m not fit…. is there any way I can do a triathlon?
Even though it may seem a bit extreme, triathlon is a sport that anyone can do. The objective of this program is to encourage you to have a go at regular exercise with the end goal of completing a mini duathlon of a 2km run, 10 km ride and a 1km run. You can do that!
- What equipment will I need?
You do not need very much specific gear to take part in this program. To take part, all you will need is the following:
- Something comfortable to swim in
- Comfortable clothing to ride a bike and go for a run and walk in – this does not mean lycra unless that’s what you like to wear
- Comfortable shoes for riding, running and walking – no one wants blisters
- Sun protection (hat, sunscreen) – no one wants sunburn
- A smile!
Please note: You do not need a bike to take part in the program as our bike sessions are conducted on spin bikes. However, to take part in 'race day'eventswhich will mark the completion of the program, you will need a helmet and any form of bike. This can be a road bike, a mountain bike, a hybrid bike, a bike with a basket on the front… basically anything that can get you through the bike course.
- What sort of clothes do I need to wear?
Anything that is comfortable for you. Most people think you need to wear lycra based clothing to be a part of a triathlon. This isn’t true. Basically, you wear whatever is comfortable.
- Can I do a second program if I enjoy the first one?
Of course you can! We encourage people who take part in the program and would like to build on their skills and confidence to enroll in a later program. You will be our superstars of the program!