The SCODY Australian Junior
Triathlon series is the top tier junior
series for ITU 16-19yr old athletes.
A number of athletes from the TriVic
Development Program will be
Jervis Bay, NSW
Check out the calendar
see what else is on the
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Getting Involved > Find a Coach
Find a Coach
The Next Step - Find A Coach
Things to look for in a coach..are they?
- Qualified? – Do they hold an appropriate TriVic qualification for triathlon that gives them coaching expertise in your stage of development (Level 0, 1,2, 3 ?)
- Experienced? – How long have they been coaching? How many triathletes have they coached?
- Accredited? – Are they accredited by TriVic? This means they are up-to-date with their knowledge base and regularly attend coach development opportunities.
- If a Junior -do they hold a current Working with Children Check
Can the coach provide…
- Environment – The right environment for your development as an athlete. Are there triathletes of similar age and gender to interact and train with?
- Programmes – Squad/individual training. Times that complement your school/work/family routine?
- Location –accessible to where you live/work/go to school?
- Links – To physiotherapist, massage therapist, nutrition, sports doctor, podiatrist, specific discipline coaches, conditioning coaches, sport science testing services?
- Expertise – In the areas you require.
- Planning – Can the coach develop a training and competition plan
- Mentally – Help you improve your mental skills that will assist you in training and racing; self-confidence;
- Physically – Improve your conditioning and develop your speed, endurance, strength, power, core strength, flexibility
Discuss with any new coach:
- Review of past experiences
- Significant others in your life – Partner/Friends/Parents/Sponsors/etc
For a list of suitably qualified coaches, please see our Coaches Page