- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Latest News
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Inside TriVic > Awards
The awards for the 2016/17 triathlon season will be presented at the Triathlon Victoria Awards Breakfast on Sunday 30th April at the Sandringham Yacht Club. The breakfast will run from approximately 8:30am - 11:30am with awards presentations and a talk from Rio Olympian Kate Doughty. The breakfast will also include presentations of the Victorian State Series Champions, Club Shield and Performance Club Award. Ticket sales will close on Tuesday 18 April unless sold out prior. A full description of each award is available in the 2017 Triathlon Victoria Awards Handbook. Nominations are now closed for 2017.
Guest Speaker: Kate Doughty
Kate is an Australian elite athlete, motivational speaker, and psychologist who knows no limits when it comes to adversity and achievement. Kate was born without a right hand, and at the age of 8, she was already making her mark receiving awards for violin and equestrian achievements. Kate represented Australia at several international equestrian events, including the World Equestrian Games. Late 2014, Kate made the dramatic change to triathlon. This was an ambition born from personal loss, with the death of her mother spurring Kate to make a fresh start within a new sport. The results of this transition has been astonishing with Kate winning Bronze at 2015 World Para-triathlon Championships and several gold and podium finishes on the ITU para-triathlon circuit to date. Kate successfully competed at 2016 Rio Paralympics in triathlon, placing 5th in the world. Find out more about Kate here.
The following awards will be presented:
- Victorian Triathlon State Series Champions
- Victorian Triathlon State Series Shield
- Victorian Triathlon Cub Performance Award
- Male / Female Junior Athlete of the Year Award
- Most Inspiring Performance Award
- Club Coach Award
- Technical Official Award
- Club Volunteer Award
- President’s Special Recognition Award
- Legend of Multisport Award
The Triathlon Victoria Awards are held annually in celebration of the outgoing triathlon season. The Awards function provides members, friends and families from our triathlon community the opportunity to celebrate the season that has passed and recognise one another’s efforts and achievements.
Since the birth of Triathlon/Multisport in the early 1980's Victoria has been at the forefront of the sport in Australia with National, World Championship and Olympic representation. Our past is special and it is incumbent on Triathlon Victoria to recognise those who both built the foundations of our sport and those who continue this tradition. Recognising and rewarding member efforts is important in continuing to grow our sport and Triathlon Victoria would like to celebrate both the success of our athletes and the contributions made by officials, coaches, volunteers and clubs.