Here's your (or your son/daughter's) chance to be part of a group of Victoria's up and coming talented junior triathletes. The Triathlon Victoria Development Program (TVDP) offers triathletes aged 13 to 23 years a nurturing and supportive environment as they strive to train and compete at the elite level. The program is made up of camps and training days, where the best junior athletes from around Victoria can come together, make new friends and train amongst peers, receiving feedback and support from the Program Coordinator and key coaches. The program also includes travel support for athletes and their families who are competing in the Australian Junior Triathlon Series. The TVDP program aims to:
- assist the athlete with the skills & resources to participate and compete in the high performance pathway of triathlon
- provide athletes with an avenue to pursue state and national representation
- provide athletes with education and experience through the TVDP coaches and affiliated experts
- provide a team environment and foster a team spirit at state and national races
The program is divided into three tiers to enable support staff to support athletes according to their needs. The tiers are:
- Talent squad – Established ITU draft legal athletes who have achieved selection times with proven results at a National level.
- Emerging squad – Emerging athletes with the ability to race ‘draft legal’ or who have achieved selection times with proven results in the elite pathway.
- Development squad – Developing athletes showing promising signs towards the elite pathway.
Selection Policy for Development Program
- Athletes are invited to apply for a position in the program. This is an online process and performances must be included to demonstrate the qualities sought by this program.
- Previous squad athletes will be offered positions for the 2017-18 season where they have met or exceeded the standards required for the program. (You must submit your results too)
- Athletes meeting the criteria will be invited to camp in July. You must attend camp for evaluation and testing.
- Committee to select program athletes and select placement to the appropriate tiers.
- Final program selection will be made after camp 1. (Camp 1 is 9th - 13th July 2017)
Please submit your nomination by 12th May 2017