Many of the cycling community that use Albert Park will be aware that the 2018 build is moving along swiftly.
Last year, we made some changes to the traffic management treatment of Aughtie Walk, which is the shared pathway between Carousel and Aughtie Drive at the south end of the park. We tested various traffic treatments for cyclists using Aughtie Walk.
This year, we have conducted a risk assessment and determined that the best available traffic treatments during our working day, are short water filled barriers. There are no speed humps on Aughtie Walk.
These barriers are moved into place at approximately 7:00 am each morning that we are working on site and moved to the grass verge of Aughtie Walk at approximately 5:00 pm each evening.
As Aughtie Walk is a shared pathway in the park, our Grand Prix contractor vehicles are expected to travel at 10 kph. Frequently, trucks and slow moving vehicles use Aughtie Walk during our working hours.
Please ensure that other road users are aware of your presence on Aughtie Walk when sharing the road with our Contractor vehicles.
Please feel free to contact the undersigned directly should you have any concerns or additional suggestions to improve cyclist safety in Albert Park.
Site Safety Manager
0402 353 105
- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Governance & Policies
- Latest News
- Notice: Triathlon Victoria Technical Committee calling for ‘Expressions of Interest’
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- Event Organisers Seminar
- Nominations now open for Pierre de Coubertin Award
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- VICS make AUS Age Group Team for Rotterdam
- 2017 Triathlon Victoria Award Winners
- TV Announces New Athlete Pathway Coordinator
- Training Tools for the Triathlete
- Cancelled - Professional Development for Coaches and Athletes
- Triathlon Victoria Development Program - Tryouts and training day
- Duathlon Series 2017
- Welsh scores silver in Sarasota
- VACANCY: TRYstars Event Activation Volunteers & Coaches
- 2017-18 School Sport Victoria Selection Policy - Triathlon - Point score now available
- Upcoming Events Organisers Seminar
- 2017 Notice of Annual General Meeting of Triathlon Victoria - updated
- Ringwood TC encourages all to give triathlon a go
- Technical Official Payments Policy
- TRIactive Coach Training Program
- Triathlon Victoria and SME360 are pleased with the result of the Victorian Schools Triathlon Championships
- Triathlon Victoria raises the bar in water safety
- Club racing presents vibrant programs across Victoria
- TVDP Perth Preview
- SSV are looking for a triathlon coach
- Athlete Pathway Travel Grants - NOW OPEN
- Attention cyclists: Australian Grand Prix Works Albert Park 2018
- Albert Park Cyclist Bulletin #3
- TRIactive Coach Training Program - 15th April 2018
- Park Orchids PS & Jarasport TRYstars
- Barwon Heads a roaring success
- TVDP dominate interstate and at home
- Australian Grand Prix Works Albert Park Bulletin #4
- Ballarat Triathlon Club ready to make waves
- NOMINATION CAMP FOR 2018-19 TRIATHLON VICTORIA DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM WILL BE HELD 8th - 13th JULY 2018 at MT ELIZA - TOORAK COLLEGE