The Melbourne Grand Prix 2018 programme commences on 20th March. The Grand Prix race will be run on March 25th. As part of Race Week, Albert Park will close to the public next week.
This week, the VIS Car park is closed to the public. It will remain closed for a time after race day.
Road users should expect that Aughtie Drive will be closed for several minutes at a time from today until the week after race day.
Lakeside Drive will continue to be closed during the day and soon will close to the public.
Aughtie Walk which is the shared path between Aughtie Drive and the lake, will become increasingly congested with Grand Prix build vehicles for the next 3 weeks.
The Albert Park Golf Course including its car park will be closed until the 30th March.
Whenever there are changes to road conditions, whether for several minutes, one full day or for the remainder of time to the race and the week after the race, Traffic Management personnel assist road users to navigate the changes to the road conditions.
We ask that you consider the impact of these changes and the Grand Prix build programme on your regular ride schedule. You may choose to find alternate places for your rides during the next couple of weeks.
A reminder that the working hours for the Grand Prix are from 7-5 on weekdays and 9-3 on weekends.
Site Safety Manager
0402 353 105
- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Governance & Policies
- Latest News
- Notice: Triathlon Victoria Technical Committee calling for ‘Expressions of Interest’
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- Event Organisers Seminar
- Nominations now open for Pierre de Coubertin Award
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- VICS make AUS Age Group Team for Rotterdam
- 2017 Triathlon Victoria Award Winners
- TV Announces New Athlete Pathway Coordinator
- Training Tools for the Triathlete
- Cancelled - Professional Development for Coaches and Athletes
- Triathlon Victoria Development Program - Tryouts and training day
- Duathlon Series 2017
- Welsh scores silver in Sarasota
- VACANCY: TRYstars Event Activation Volunteers & Coaches
- 2017-18 School Sport Victoria Selection Policy - Triathlon - Point score now available
- Upcoming Events Organisers Seminar
- 2017 Notice of Annual General Meeting of Triathlon Victoria - updated
- Ringwood TC encourages all to give triathlon a go
- Technical Official Payments Policy
- TRIactive Coach Training Program
- Triathlon Victoria and SME360 are pleased with the result of the Victorian Schools Triathlon Championships
- Triathlon Victoria raises the bar in water safety
- Club racing presents vibrant programs across Victoria
- TVDP Perth Preview
- SSV are looking for a triathlon coach
- Athlete Pathway Travel Grants - NOW OPEN
- Attention cyclists: Australian Grand Prix Works Albert Park 2018
- Albert Park Cyclist Bulletin #3
- TRIactive Coach Training Program - 15th April 2018
- Park Orchids PS & Jarasport TRYstars
- Barwon Heads a roaring success
- TVDP dominate interstate and at home
- Australian Grand Prix Works Albert Park Bulletin #4
- Ballarat Triathlon Club ready to make waves
- NOMINATION CAMP FOR 2018-19 TRIATHLON VICTORIA DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM WILL BE HELD 8th - 13th JULY 2018 at MT ELIZA - TOORAK COLLEGE