The Triathlon Australia Foundation Coach Training Program has been designed to develop the skills of new coaches to assist novice triathletes through their introduction to triathlon.
An Accredited Foundation coach is able to prepare for, deliver and review pre-designed triathlon coaching sessions under the supervision of a more experienced higher accredited triathlon coach.
The primary responsibility of the Mentor coach/Assessor within the Foundation Coach Training Program is to mentor, assess and evaluate candidates ensuring that they have the desired competencies as per the Accredited Foundation Coach performance criteria.
The Mentor coach/Assessor is expected to support and mentor candidates throughout the Foundation Coach Training Program and provide feedback and suggestions that improve the candidates coaching competence.
- Assist all candidates, regardless of level, to achieve their Foundation coaching competencies.
- Use learning and assessment strategies that are fair, valid, current and sufficient.
- Assess competency with consideration to the individuals learning style and personality
- Complete documentation relevant to assessment procedures and results
- Provide program feedback and participate in moderation/validation sessions as reqd.
- Maintain currency of qualifications and relevant industry experience
- Ability to engage with candidates to develop and mentor their Foundation coaching skills
- Experience in working with people in a mentoring/learning environment
- Reliability and high organisational/time management skills.
- Excellent triathlon knowledge/experience incl. accreditation at Development level or higher
- Experience in competency-based assessment.