2017 PIERRE DE COUBERTIN AWARD
Triathlon Victoria is calling for nominations for the Pierre de Coubertin Awards and Olympic Academy to be held at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Friday June 23rd 2017.
The Pierre de Coubertin Award recognises students who demonstrate values which are consistent with the Olympic Movement through participation in sporting activities. It acknowledges Year 10, 11 and 12 students who although may not be an elite athlete, demonstrate the values of the Olympic Movement in sport and their everyday lives. http://corporate.olympics.com.au/soc/vic/pierre-de-coubertin-awards-and-olympic-academy
In addition to attending the award ceremony, Pierre de Coubertin recipients are invited to participate in an Olympic Academy held prior to the Awards Ceremony. The academy is a unique opportunity to connect with Olympians and learn about the Olympic Movement.
Please take this opportunity to nominate an athlete in years 10,11 or 12 for this award.
Could I please have nomination back by Friday 21st April 2017 emailed to me email@example.com
SELECTION CRITERIA AND GUIDELINES
PIERRE DE COUBERTIN AWARD SELECTION CRITERIA AND GUIDELINES
At some stage throughout their schooling, the selected student must:
- Be enrolled in years 10, 11 or 12 and not have received the Award on a previous occasion.
- Have participated actively in the school physical education program with a consistently positive attitude.
- Demonstrate the attributes consistent with the fundamental aims of the Olympic movement, and
- Submit a digital media, literacy or artistic piece that depicts an appreciation of Olympism in response to this year’s theme: “What Rio 2016 Olympic Games moment has had an impact on you?” A digital media, literary or artistic piece related to the theme must accompany the nomination form otherwise it will be deemed invalid. All pieces submitted remain the property of the VOC and where appropriate may be used in official publications. Please note: - Literary pieces must be a MAXIMUM of 300 words (typed) in length. - Artistic pieces must be within the confines of 64x45cm or equivalent in 3D. An artistic piece could refer to, but is not limited to, a painting, collage or framed piece. - Digital Media pieces refer to audio, video, and photo content that has been encoded (digitally compressed) i.e. converting audio and video input into a digital media file such as a Windows Media file. A digital media piece could refer to, but is not limited to, a musical recording, videography or PowerPoint presentation which is a MAXIMUM of 3min.
At some stage throughout years 7-12, the selected student must have:
- Represented the school in at least one sport on the current Olympic program and
- Participated in at least two other sports (individual or team).
If you think you qualify please supply the following details with a brief description of sporting highlights. See example below.
Athlete First Name: Athlete Surname:
Athlete School Name:
Athlete School Level: Athlete Sport Level:
Athlete Street Address:
Athlete Suburb: Athlete State: Athlete Postcode:
Athlete Contact Number:
Athlete Email Address:
Briefly describe the student’s attitude and motivation through their participation in physical education and sport i.e Provide an example of when they displayed good sportsmanship and/or explain the student’s involvement in the above criteria (200 words max). This citation will be presented in a booklet to each student. Example: Mary is an outstanding role model in sport and physical education. Her positive attitude is quite contagious. She leads by example and has sustained an excellent level of participation in a range of sports. Her level of determination is second to none! Mary maintains exemplary conduct on the sporting field and embodies the qualities of fair play, respect and …………………………………………