- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Latest News
- Notice: Triathlon Victoria Technical Committee calling for ‘Expressions of Interest’
- Cancelled - Professional Development for Coaches and Athletes
- Triathlon Victoria Development Program - Tryouts and training day
- Duathlon Series 2017
- Welsh scores silver in Sarasota
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- VICS make AUS Age Group Team for Rotterdam
- 2017 Triathlon Victoria Award Winners
- TV Announces New Athlete Pathway Coordinator
- Training Tools for the Triathlete
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Juniors/Schools > School Sport Victoria - Triathlon
School Sport Victoria - Triathlon
School Sport Victoria Triathlon information is coming soon.
Yarrawonga Mulwala Multisport Festival October 21st 2017 is the first race in the series. To enter www.ymmf.com.au
Further information will be here shortly, please check back.
Congratulations to the selected team who represented Victoria at the Australian Schools Triathlon Festival in April 2017.
The Australian Schools Triathlon Festival (ASTF) is held annually and is presented by Schools Sport Australia (SSA) and Triathlon Australia (TA). The ASTF consists of educational and sporting components. Being a member of a School Sport Victoria state team provides an opportunity to be involved in an all-inclusive educational and sporting excursion. All members of selected teams whether students or team officials, are expected to fulfil the responsibilities of being a Victorian team member. (See attached FAQ for team responsibilities)
Up to six athletes (6 boys/6 girls) are selected in each of the age categories. (Age taken at 31.12.17). All athletes must race draft legal to be in selected in the School Sport Victorian Triathlon Team. Athletes race in a category according to their age group:
- Junior 13-14 years Boys & Girls (Equivalent to ITU Youth B)
- Intermediate 15-16 years Boys & Girls (Equivalent to ITU Youth A)
- Senior 17-19 years Boys & Girls (Equivalent to ITU Junior)
Draft LegalAll athletes need to be endorsed ‘draft legal’ to race in selection events and at the ASTF which means that when on the bike leg it is legal to draft from another rider. Drafting requires specific skills and an athlete must be endorsed (tested) by a Performance level Triathlon or Level 1 Cycling coach. This signed endorsement form must be returned to Triathlon Victoria prior to racing (access the endorsement from here - Draft legal Endorsement document
- Athletes in the junior age group compete over a shorter distance. Maximum 400m/15km/4km (draft legal)
- Intermediate and senior athletes compete over the longer distance. Maximum 750m/20km/5km (draft legal)
- To be eligible to compete in the selection races and for team selection athletes must:
- be enrolled at a Victorian school affiliated with School Sport Victoria in 2017. NB: All 2017 SEDA students (Year 11 & 12) are advised to check the status of their enrolment with SEDA.
- be endorsed ‘draft legal’ as all selection races and all 2017 ASTF categories are raced in ‘draft legal’ format.
- comply with the age categories for the 2017 ASTF (age taken as at 31 December 2017) - further information
- complete the selection nomination form – click here
Team Officials will ensure that the selection process is fair and transparent, and that students, parents and teachers are aware of the process and kept informed during the selection period.