- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Latest News
- Notice: Triathlon Victoria Technical Committee calling for ‘Expressions of Interest’
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- VICS make AUS Age Group Team for Rotterdam
- 2017 Triathlon Victoria Award Winners
- TV Announces New Athlete Pathway Coordinator
- Training Tools for the Triathlete
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Juniors/Schools > Sporting Schools Program
Sporting Schools Program
we’re a Sporting Schools partner!
Triathlon is available under the Sporting Schools program and is known as the TRYstars in Schools program. This is designed as a four week program giving participants the opportunity to develop fundamental movement skills using a games based sense approach whilst providing a great introduction to the sport.
Loreto Mandeville Hall Toorak Sports Coordinator Whitney Beseler said "Our students loved the program, they thought it was great bringing their bike to school and practising the many skills involved in triathlon.
I believe it is a great way to challenge students to try something new and step outside their comfort zone. Triathlon is a sport that many girls had never considered trying and now, since training and the Carman’s Tri Kids race, I have had so many girls tell me how excited they are to compete again next year. The pride on their faces when they crossed the line was really special... The program allowed the girls to develop persistence, determination and self-confidence by choosing to participate... Many girls were nervous before the race as it was very unknown for them, but I think their experiences in the TRYstars sessions gave them the confidence required to complete the race and push themselves".
The program prepares the students to start out in the sport of triathlon and leads into potential participation in future TRYstars – Club and Community programs and triathlon events. For more information on how your school can be a part of the Sporting Schools initiative, please head to www.sportingschools.gov.au