- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Governance & Policies
- Latest News
- Notice: Triathlon Victoria Technical Committee calling for ‘Expressions of Interest’
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
- Triathlon Victoria Coach Conference 2018 - A roaring success!
- Event Organisers Seminar delivered with success
- Get ready to line up for the 2018 Australian Duathlon Championships
- Pilates for Sports joins Triathlon Victoria as Official Supplier of Strength & Conditioning
- 2018 Victorian Duathlon Series has kicked off - Race 1 results
- Packed out field to take to the course for Race 2
- Mixed Team Relay announced for Race 3 of Victorian Duathlon Series
- Positions Vacant: TRI2gether Coach Ambassadors
- Expression of Interests for Mentor Coach/Assessors for the Foundation Coach Training Program
- Club pride gets put on the line at Race 3
- Changes to the Triathlon Victoria Constitution approved
- Congratulations to all the Victorian ITU Age Group World Championship competitors
- Bumper field set for Australian Duathlon Championships
- Australian Duathlon Championships close out Duathlon Series with a packed field
- Notice of the 2018 Triathlon Victoria Annual General Meeting
- Are you ready to take the next step in your triathlon career?
- Triathlon Victoria Office Closure over Melbourne Cup
- The difference between a training activity and event
- Ringwood Father-Daughter Trio Ready to Run Rings around Ringwood
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- VICS make AUS Age Group Team for Rotterdam
- 2017 Triathlon Victoria Award Winners
- TV Announces New Athlete Pathway Coordinator
- Training Tools for the Triathlete
- Cancelled - Professional Development for Coaches and Athletes
- Triathlon Victoria Development Program - Tryouts and training day
- Duathlon Series 2017
- Welsh scores silver in Sarasota
- VACANCY: TRYstars Event Activation Volunteers & Coaches
- Nominations are now open for the 2018-19 SSV Triathlon Team
- Upcoming Events Organisers Seminar
- 2017 Notice of Annual General Meeting of Triathlon Victoria - updated
- Ringwood TC encourages all to give triathlon a go
- Technical Official Payments Policy
- TRIactive Coach Training Program
- Triathlon Victoria and SME360 are pleased with the result of the Victorian Schools Triathlon Championships
- Triathlon Victoria raises the bar in water safety
- Club racing presents vibrant programs across Victoria
- TVDP Perth Preview
- SSV are looking for a triathlon coach
- Athlete Pathway Travel Grants - NOW OPEN
- Attention cyclists: Australian Grand Prix Works Albert Park 2018
- Albert Park Cyclist Bulletin #3
- TRIactive Coach Training Program - 15th April 2018
- Park Orchids PS & Jarasport TRYstars
- Barwon Heads a roaring success
- TVDP dominate interstate and at home
- Australian Grand Prix Works Albert Park Bulletin #4
- Ballarat Triathlon Club ready to make waves
- Triathlon Victoria Development Camp a Success
- Event Organisers Seminar
- Nominations now open for Pierre de Coubertin Award
- Triathlon Victoria announces Dr Bridie O’Donnell as 2018 Awards guest speaker
- Performance Coach Training Program
- Inspiring Coaches, Volunteers & Athletes recognised at 2018 Triathlon Victoria Awards Breakfast
- Coach Conference for TA accrediated coaches
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Juniors/Schools > TRI2gether
What is it?
TRI2gether is a program designed to get students more active. Delivered over 6-weeks, TRI2gether consists of two weekly sessions (swim and bike/run), preparing the girls to complete their first mini-triathlon. Delivered by PE teachers, the programs features easy to follow session plans that guide you through each week, and resources for students to learn more about swim, bike and run.
TRI2gether offers students:
- Something different to traditional sport options
- A sporting challenge without direct competition against others
- An opportunity to share the experience with friends and peers
"We would definitely participate again. It's been great to have a group of girls train together and many of whom would not normally get involved in a program like this." - Adam Dearness, PE teacher at Waverley Christian College
REGISTER YOUR PROGRAM HERE
FRequently asked questions (FAQ)
What is TRI2gether?
TRI2gether is a school-based program that gives secondary school students aged 13 to 17 years the opportunity to get active by participating in swim, bike, run and triathlon. The 6-week program targets students that are less active and aims to create an accessible, fun and socially-inclusive environment in the spirit of 'finish line, not finish time'. Delivered by accredited triathlon coaches appointed as “TRI2gether Ambassadors”, the 12-session program consists of one swim session and one bike/run session per week held in the relative safety of pools, on spin bikes and in school grounds or at local leisure facilities with the end goal of students completing a mini 'fun' triathlon as an individual or in a team (2 or 3 students). Refer to programs calendar for starting dates here.
What if our school doesn’t have a pool or sufficient spin bikes?
Your Triathlon Victoria (TV) Ambassador will discuss your available facilities and how to best configure the program. As well as adapting the program to suit your available equipment and facilities, TRI2gether also provides flexibility to structure around any multisport variation of duathlon, aquathlon or triathlon event. Click here to view the TRI2gether equipment checklist
What events are there for schools to enter?
TRI2gether finishes with a mini triathlon event in your local area or at your school. The team at TV will assist you with selecting an event from the triathlon event calendar or alternatively help you 'build' your own TRI2gether event that can then be held at schools or local leisure facilities. Schools can partner with neighbouring schools to hold combined ‘local’ inter-school events.
How much will the TRIstopme program cost the school to run?
There is no cost to schools for the TRI2gether program, however, schools/participants are required to pay the event entry fee (if the school doesn't organise its own race event) which is typically $60.00 per entrant. Whilst the program is well resourced with technical documents and administrative support, TV are unable to assist with the logistical costs of running the program e.g. pool and transport hire.
How many students do I need to run a TRIstopme program?
Programs vary according to different schools and the facilities they have available, but generally programs work best with or around 20 participants. Students taking part in TRI2gether may race solo or as part of a team (2 or 3 people). Teams are a great introduction to triathlon and the team members participate in a relay format.
What program documentation is provided by Triathlon Victoria and required of schools?Schools receive a comprehensive training program and support resource that includes:
- 12 session plans (6-weeks) of swim and spin bike/run content.
- A suite of supporting documents (e.g. Bike Safety Check, Correct Bike Helmet Fitting, Event Day Checklist etc.). These support beginner triathletes to feel confident on race day.
Note: Principal Teacher permission is required to run the TRI2gether program as anonymous participation data is collected by La Trobe University. This involves completion of pre-and-post-program surveys by all students, data from which is used to analyse changing attitudes to physical activity amongst participants. Form more information on the data gathering for TRI2gether, click here.
ARE THERE MORE FAQS?
.For more FAQs, click here.
SUMMARY OF RESOURCES AND SUPPORT PROVIDED BY TRIATHLON VICTORIA AND PROGRAM ELEMENTS LED BY HOSTING SCHOOL
Resources and support provided by TV
Program elements led by hosting school
WANT TO KNOW MORE OR REGISTER YOUR PROGRAM?
If you would like to learn more about the program, please contact:
T: 03 9598 8686