- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Governance & Policies
- Latest News
- Notice: Triathlon Victoria Technical Committee calling for ‘Expressions of Interest’
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
- Triathlon Victoria Coach Conference 2018 - A roaring success!
- Event Organisers Seminar delivered with success
- Get ready to line up for the 2018 Australian Duathlon Championships
- Pilates for Sports joins Triathlon Victoria as Official Supplier of Strength & Conditioning
- 2018 Victorian Duathlon Series has kicked off - Race 1 results
- Packed out field to take to the course for Race 2
- Mixed Team Relay announced for Race 3 of Victorian Duathlon Series
- Positions Vacant: TRI2gether Coach Ambassadors
- Expression of Interests for Mentor Coach/Assessors for the Foundation Coach Training Program
- Club pride gets put on the line at Race 3
- Changes to the Triathlon Victoria Constitution approved
- Congratulations to all the Victorian ITU Age Group World Championship competitors
- Bumper field set for Australian Duathlon Championships
- Australian Duathlon Championships close out Duathlon Series with a packed field
- Notice of the 2018 Triathlon Victoria Annual General Meeting
- Are you ready to take the next step in your triathlon career?
- Triathlon Victoria Office Closure over Melbourne Cup
- The difference between a training activity and event
- Ringwood Father-Daughter Trio Ready to Run Rings around Ringwood
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- VICS make AUS Age Group Team for Rotterdam
- 2017 Triathlon Victoria Award Winners
- TV Announces New Athlete Pathway Coordinator
- Training Tools for the Triathlete
- Cancelled - Professional Development for Coaches and Athletes
- Triathlon Victoria Development Program - Tryouts and training day
- Duathlon Series 2017
- Welsh scores silver in Sarasota
- VACANCY: TRYstars Event Activation Volunteers & Coaches
- Nominations are now open for the 2018-19 SSV Triathlon Team
- Upcoming Events Organisers Seminar
- 2017 Notice of Annual General Meeting of Triathlon Victoria - updated
- Ringwood TC encourages all to give triathlon a go
- Technical Official Payments Policy
- TRIactive Coach Training Program
- Triathlon Victoria and SME360 are pleased with the result of the Victorian Schools Triathlon Championships
- Triathlon Victoria raises the bar in water safety
- Club racing presents vibrant programs across Victoria
- TVDP Perth Preview
- SSV are looking for a triathlon coach
- Athlete Pathway Travel Grants - NOW OPEN
- Attention cyclists: Australian Grand Prix Works Albert Park 2018
- Albert Park Cyclist Bulletin #3
- TRIactive Coach Training Program - 15th April 2018
- Park Orchids PS & Jarasport TRYstars
- Barwon Heads a roaring success
- TVDP dominate interstate and at home
- Australian Grand Prix Works Albert Park Bulletin #4
- Ballarat Triathlon Club ready to make waves
- Triathlon Victoria Development Camp a Success
- Event Organisers Seminar
- Nominations now open for Pierre de Coubertin Award
- Triathlon Victoria announces Dr Bridie O’Donnell as 2018 Awards guest speaker
- Performance Coach Training Program
- Inspiring Coaches, Volunteers & Athletes recognised at 2018 Triathlon Victoria Awards Breakfast
- Coach Conference for TA accrediated coaches
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Juniors/Schools > TRYstars Kids Triathlon Programs
TRYstars Kids Triathlon Programs
Mornington Peninsula Triathlon Club TRYstars
When: Saturdays, 1-2pm from 20/10/18 til 01/12/18
Ringwood Triathlon Club TRYstars
When: 14/11/18 - 12/12/18, 30/01/19 - 06/03/19
ABOUT TRYSTARS TRIATHLON PROGRAMS
TRYstars is Triathlon Australia’s national junior participation program for 7-12 year-olds that encourages kids to get involved in triathlon all around Australia. The TRYstars Community program is delivered in local triathlon clubs or community areas. The TRYstars Schools program is delivered in partnership with the Australian Government and the Australian Sports Commission under the Sporting Schools initiative. Schools can apply for funding of the TRYstars program.
TRYstars is delivered by Triathlon Australia accredited deliverers. They focus on all the FUNdamental movement skills – agility, balance, coordination, speed, running, jumping, gliding, buoyancy, throwing, catching, kicking and hitting which encourages successful participation in any sport.
The club/community program is delivered over eight one-hour game-based sessions including swim, ride and run activities. The school program is adapted to four sessions including the same activities.
Parents - Frequently Asked Questions
What ages are the TRYstars programs suitable for?
The Mini-Stars program (7-9 years) exposes participants to movement experiences. The focus is on development of basic movements – agility, balance, coordination, speed, running, jumping, gliding, buoyancy, throwing, catching, kicking and hitting. The Super-Stars program (10-12 years) advances and refines these competencies through further play, practice and triathlon related activities.
What equipment is needed?
A bike, a helmet and running shoes.
What skills does my child need to have?
Participants need to be able to swim 50 metres and ride unaided without the use of training wheels.
How much is the program?
To participate in TRYstars Schools, the cost is nil as the program is covered under the Australian Sports Commission’s Sporting Schools initiative. To participate in TRYstars Community, the recommended price is $150 (subject to costs to deliver the program).
Is my child covered in the event of an accident?
Participants have personal accident and public liability insurance via Triathlon Australia’s ‘All of Sport’ insurance.
Will my child receive adequate coaching in large groups?
The ratio of ride and run sessions varies from program to program. For the swim sessions at community programs, the sessions operate on the basis of 1 coach for every 15 participants (aligned with National standards) and for school programs, there is 1 coach for every 12 participants.
Are TRYstars coaches accredited?
Anyone who delivers TRYstars must complete an accreditation process. They must also have a current working with children accreditation that is relevant to the state the program is being held.