- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Latest News
- Notice: Triathlon Victoria Technical Committee calling for ‘Expressions of Interest’
- Professional Development for Coaches and Athletes
- Triathlon Victoria Development Program team announced
- Duathlon Series 2017
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- St Kilda Primary students meet TRYhero Tim Cahill in preparation for the Melbourne Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- VICS make AUS Age Group Team for Rotterdam
- 2017 Triathlon Victoria Award Winners
- TV Announces New Athlete Pathway Coordinator
- Training Tools for the Triathlete
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Juniors/Schools > Triathlon Victoria Development Program
Triathlon Victoria Development Program
Contact Kyle Burns (Athlete Pathway Coordinator) firstname.lastname@example.org for questions regarding the program 0403 246 972 or the Triathlon Victorian office Sue Sharples (03) 9598 8686
TVDP Mission Statement
To provide a nurturing and supportive environment for the development of athletes aged 13 to 23 years. By engaging with the ‘network’ of ‘home coaches’ we will work together to assist each individual to achieve personal excellence in training and competition.
|TALENT GROUP||DEVELOPING GROUP|
|Kurt McDonald||Charles Lamont|
|Hailey Mason||Jack Grigg|
|Brooke McCullough||Jack Mitchell|
|Karolina Czajkowski||Jackson Tinker|
|Jess Ewart-McTigue||James Gold|
|Rebecca Henderson||Mitchell Couper|
|EMERGING GROUP||Ted Murphy|
|Oscar Riley||Toby Linnegan|
|Stefan Kot||Jackson Streader|
|Darcy Williams||Lachie Watson|
|Tristan Price||Pip Kennett|
|Lucas Bladwell||Shakiria Simmons|
|Tegan Burns||Eleanor Karahasan|
|Ebony Francis||Amber Kirkbride|
|Kodey Hodgson||Grace Bunting|
|Ola Evans||Lily Van Raay|
1. Athletes must be at least 13 years of age and no older than 23 years of age at 31/12/2018 and thus eligible to race in the following racing categories:
a. ITU Youth: 13-16 years of age as at 31/12/2018. (ITU Youth A & ITU Youth B)
b. ITU Junior: 17 - 19 years of age as at 31/12/2018.
c. ITU U23: 20-23 years as at the 31/12/2018. (ITU U23 & U23 Development Professional Licence)
2. Athletes must be eligible to represent Australia.
3. Athletes must be in good standing with both Triathlon Victoria and Triathlon Australia.
4. Athletes must have a coach who is accredited by Triathlon Australia and is a current member.
- assist the athlete with the skills & resources to participate and compete at the elite level
- provide athletes with an avenue to pursue State and National representation
- provide athletes with education and experience through the TVDP coaches and affiliated experts
- provide a team environment and foster a team spirit at State and National races
NOMINATION FOR 2017-18 close May 12th 2017
- Foam Roller Workout
- Endorsement and understanding draft legal for athletes wishing to race draft legal in open, ITU junior and ITU youth
- More information on High Performance Triathlon Australia
As part of the TVDP program, participants attend training camps. Detailed via each of these links are reports from previous camps which provides you with an insight into what 'camp life' is like for athletes in the program.
Also linked here is further history of team members.