- Contact Us
- Annual General Meetings
- Latest News
- Vic's make Australian Age Group Team for Penticton World Champs
- VICS make AUS Age Group Team for Rotterdam
- 2017 Triathlon Victoria Award Winners
- Vacancy - Athlete Pathway Coordinator
- Bayside Triathlon Club turns 25!
- Triathlon Victoria announces new partnership with On
- 2016-17 Victorian Triathlon State Series
- Strength, conditioning and body maintenance for triathletes
- National Performance Standard time trials. 16th October 2016
- Victorians racing 2016 ITU World Cross Triathlon Championships
- 2016/17 Board of Triathlon Victoria
- Triathlon Victoria to Play it Safe by the Water this Summer
- Get TriActive
- 2017 Victorian Sport Awards Finalists
> Home Page > State Associations > VIC > Technical > Become a Technical Official
Become a Technical Official
what is a technical official?
Technical Officials are responsible for ensuring that an event is run in accordance with the Triathlon Australia (TA) Race Competition Rules (RCR). Our aim as officials is to:
- Create an atmosphere of sportsmanship, equality and fair play;
- Optimise safety and protection;
- Penalise competitors who seek to gain an unfair advantage; and
- Emphasise ingenuity and skill without unduly limiting the competitor's freedom of action.
Becoming a Technical Official for triathlon is a great way to be involved in the sport you love. Whether you are no longer competing, currently injured or just interested in a new challenge, we would love to have you on board.
Whilst the role is considered ‘volunteering’, there is still a payment for each event you officiate. Triathlon Victoria will provide you with the correct training to develop your skills and start your career as a Technical Official. Some of our TOs even end up officiating ITU events on the world stage!
Courses are completely free and are run regularly throughout the year. You will even be provided with a ‘show bag’ of all the officiating essentials including your new uniform.
Date: Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th August 2017
Location: Triatlon Victoria Office - 4A Small St Hampton (Saturday)
can I represent my club as a technical official:Triathlon Victoria affiliated clubs play an important role in the ‘provision of technical officials’ to sanctioned events. Clubs contribute in such a manner that is equitable, manages turnover and services metro and regional races. Affiliated clubs provide a minimum of three TO appointments per season (These appointments do not need to be from one TO, rather it could be a combination of officials throughout the season reaching a total of three appointments).
For any enquiries on this policy please contact the Technical and Events Coordinator – E: firstname.lastname@example.org B: 9598 8686