2017-2018 TA Membership Renewals Countdown
NT About Us
|About us||Committee Members||Constitution & Policies|
We are the Peak (governing) Sporting Body for Triathlon in the NT, supported by Triathlon Australia and the Northern Territory Government. Our mission is to ensure the existence of quality participation opportunities and pathways within the sport of Triathlon in the Northern Territory. Triathlon NT is affiliated with our National Sporting Organisation, Triathlon Australia (TA), and is committed to working closely with TA and other State and Territory Associations (STTA's) to develop and promote Triathlon at a local, regional and national level. We provide opportunities for people of all ages and levels of ability to participate.
- Triathlon NT is the STTA with 2 affiliated clubs in Alice Springs and Darwin. We work to develop capacity within our organisation, by supporting ongoing professional development of coaches and technical officials, increasing the number of new members, supporting existing members and providing quality support systems to clubs.
- The Executive Officer is part of the National Leadership Team for STTA Directors and Triathlon Australia, which convenes via regular teleconference and face-to-face meetings. This highly co-operative group enables Triathlon NT to enlist help from larger states through information and resource sharing, but more importantly, allows the NT to have a voice in the development of national initiatives, policies and programs.
- The sustainability of Triathlon in the Northern Territory is ensured in a way that is nationally consistent, through compliance with the Triathlon Australia Strategic Plan.
- Members are safeguarded, by ensuring they are competing in safe and fair events that are sanctioned according to Triathlon Australia standards.
- NT Championship events are hosted by Triathlon NT: Junior, Sprint, Olympic and Long Course races. Ongoing funding for Triathlon in the NT is assured through excellence in governance.
- We aim to be a sustainable and prosperous organisation by enabling innovation, collaboration and excellence in the development of our people, brand, and operations.
- Member’s rights are protected through our Member Protection Policy.
- Exciting and innovative participation and development opportunities are provided through the Junior Development Program for children from the age of 5-19 in Darwin, Katherine and Alice Springs.
- Aspiring juniors across the NT have access to a National Talent Academy Development Program that leads into the Triathlon Australia High Performance Pathway.
- Relationships with key triathlon venue and logistics providers are developed and maintained to ensure new opportunities for races.
- Clubs are supported to reach their potential and provide access to resources at a state and national level.
- Participation opportunities are provided for people new to triathlon.