find an event
find a coach
find a club
PARTNER WITH Us
Sign Up to Tri Life
OF THE OLYMPIC GAMES
Becoming a Technical Official
HAVE YOU CONSIDERED BECOMING A TECHNICAL OFFICIAL?
If you are a supporter of triathlon, wish to give back to the sport you love or want something to do while not competing, why not become a Triathlon Australia Technical Official?
Technical Officials are responsible for ensuring that an event is run in accordance with the Triathlon Australia (TA) Race Competition Rules (RCR). Our aim as officials is to:
- Create an atmosphere of sportsmanship, equality and fair play;
- Optimise safety and protection;
- Penalise competitors who seek to gain an unfair advantage; and
- Emphasise ingenuity and skill without unduly limiting the competitor's freedom of action.
Did you know that you can now complete the level 1 course THEORY online?
To ensure technical courses are more accessible for individuals, there is now an online option to complete the Level 1 course theory component. The course will be completed in two sections:
- Modules 1-9 touches on the National Officiating pathway, requirements for accreditation, general rules, warnings and penalties, protests and appeals, and workplace safety. Each module will include multiple choice questions which must be answered correctly before moving onto the next module.
- Module 10 includes officiating behaviours and scenarios. Participants will be given access to this section which will be completed while speaking with their State/Territory Technical Officer or representative so that they may answer any questions you may have.
Once Module 10 has been finalised, a participant will need to complete a Field of Play assessment at an event, along with having a Working with Children Certificate, and a TA membership (a Technical Official TA membership is free of charge).
You can register for the course HERE. You'll be required to add the course to your cart and complete the checkout process (course is free of charge). You'll receive login details via email and you'll have 30 days to complete the course.
For any enquiries, please email email@example.com and include which state/territory you are from.
Reasons to become a Technical Official
Benefits of becoming a Technical Official
Upcoming Face to Face Technical Official Courses
What to do now
Community Officiating General Principles
The Community Officiating General Principles online course has been developed to assist officials in learning the basic skills they will need to officiate effectively.
The online course is provided by the Australian Sports Commission and is initially available free of charge to Australian officials.
To enrol in the course and for more information, go to the Australian Sports Commission website. From here you can access the online learning portal and obtain further information on the course requirements, including viewing some ‘taster’ pages.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at our next event.
For more information, please contact: