Becoming a Technical Official
HAVE YOU CONSIDERED BECOMING A TECHNICAL OFFICIAL?
If you are a supporter of triathlon, wish to give back to the sport you love or want something to do while not competing, why not become a Triathlon Australia Technical Official?
Technical Officials are responsible ensuring that an event is run in accordance with the Triathlon Australia (TA) Race Competition Rules (RCR). Our aim as officials is to:
- Create an atmosphere of sportsmanship, equality and fair play;
- Optimise safety and protection;
- Penalise competitors who seek to gain an unfair advantage; and
- Emphasise ingenuity and skill without unduly limiting the competitor's freedom of action.
Reasons to become a Technical Official
- Gain a better understanding of the TA RCR;
- A chance to give back to the sport and help to develop it;
- Gain an insight into what is involved in conducting a triathlon event thus giving you a greater appreciation for marshals and officials at future events making you a better competitor.
Benefits of becoming a Technical Official
- Free education and training
- Free non-competitive membership discounts off competitive membership (if officiated at 3 events in the season prior)
- Fee for service payment –please contact your State Association for details
What to do now?
- Register your interest by contacting your local State or Territory Association or email the TA Technical Team directly at email@example.com
- Your State Association can advise you of the next course in your area and the development path for the programme
- Complete the Introductory Officiating course provided by the Australian Sports Commission
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing at our next course.
For more information, please contact:
Michael Haarsma, National Manager Technical