Becoming a Technical Official
HAVE YOU CONSIDERED BECOMING A TECHNICAL OFFICIAL?
If you are a supporter of triathlon, wish to give back to the sport you love or want something to do while not competing, why not become a Triathlon Australia Technical Official?
Technical Officials are responsible for ensuring that an event is run in accordance with the Triathlon Australia (TA) Race Competition Rules (RCR). Our aim as officials is to:
- Create an atmosphere of sportsmanship, equality and fair play;
- Optimise safety and protection;
- Penalise competitors who seek to gain an unfair advantage; and
- Emphasise ingenuity and skill without unduly limiting the competitor's freedom of action.
Reasons to become a Technical Official
- Gain a better understanding of the TA RCR;
- A chance to give back to the sport and help to develop it;
- Gain an insight into what is involved in conducting a triathlon event thus giving you a greater appreciation for marshals and officials at future events making you a better competitor.
Benefits of becoming a Technical Official
- Free education and training
- Free non-competitive membership discounts off competitive membership (if officiated at 3 events in the season prior)
- Fee for service payment –please contact your State or Territory Association for details
What to do now?
- Register your interest by contacting your local State or Territory Association by clicking on an email link below
- OR email the Triathlon Australia National Technical Education & Development Coordinator directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your State Association can advise you of the next course in your area and the development path for the programme
- Complete the Introductory Officiating course provided by the Australian Sports Commission
INTRODUCTORY OFFICIATING COURSE
The Introductory Officiating General Principles online course has been developed to assist officials in learning the basic skills they will need to officiate effectively.
The online course is provided by the Australian Sports Commission and is initially available free of charge to Australian officials.
To enrol in the course and for more information, go to the Australian Sports Commission website. From here you can access the online learning portal and obtain further information on the course requirements, including viewing some ‘taster’ pages.
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at our next course.
For more information, please contact:
National Technical Education & Development Coordinator
Technical Official team at Devonport tas - 2016
MAKING IT SAFE, FUN AND FAIR