An exciting opportunity has come about as the Podium Centre Head Coach of Triathlon Australia Ltd.
Position Title: Triathlon Australia Podium Centre Head Coach
Reporting to: National Performance Director (NPD)
Version Date: November 2020
Location: TBC by Agreement with the NPD
Remuneration: Fixed Full-Time contract to 31st December 2024
Primary Job Purpose
Lead the daily training environment, technical direction and operational standards for the TA Podium Centre (TAPC) within the framework established through TA’s High Performance Plan.
Key Performance Areas & Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the NPD and relevant key support staff, create a world best daily training environment with a focus on athletes progressing to, and consistently performing at, a podium level at international benchmark events.
- Oversee the coaching of TA Categorised athletes based at the TAPC and coach “hands on” on a day-to-day basis.
- Oversee the day-to-day technical operation of the TAPC.
- Ensure that all Categorised athletes at the TAPC have Individual Athlete Performance Plans and Individual Athlete Competition Plans in accordance with the framework established by TA.
- Ensure that all Categorised athletes at the TAPC are integrated into the TA Performance Health Program in accordance with the framework established by TA and based on agreed to measures between the NPD, TAPC Head Coach and the TA Performance Health Manager.
- To work with and contribute positively to the ongoing relationships with the AIS and relevant NIN partners to ensure optimal resourcing and servicing of the TAPC
- Work collaboratively with the TAPC local partners and operators to ensure there is effective communication and operations to all facets of the TAPC performance.
- As agreed with the NPD as part of season planning and Individual Athlete Competition Plans, to attend domestic and international competitions in support of athletes within the TAPC
- To attend domestic and international competitions as part of the Australian National Team and to contribute to the successful delivery of these campaigns in line with Australian National Team expectations and under the direction of the NPD or appointed Team Manager/Head Coach
- Undertake National Camp, Head Coach responsibilities and serve as a Head Coach on National Teams when appointed by the NPD
- To contribute to the strategic development and implementation of the TA High Performance strategy
- To support National Team initiatives and provide strategic input and coaching services (when requested by the NPD) across new international event classes, including Mixed Relay and Super Sprint
- To contribute to and support the overall direction of the TA Performance Pathway Strategy and What It Takes To Win (WITTW) data analytics and modelling
- An undertaking to mentor and help develop identified HP coaches and to contribute to/fulfill a leadership role in coach development activities including workshops and clinics
- To contribute to and actively participate in TA High Performance program and season reviews, team activities and other education or development sessions
- Actively identify new areas for learning and to commit to a culture of continuous improvement, technical excellence and innovation.
- Agree to participate in Professional Development activities as identified with the NPD and through the TA staff appraisal process, including coach profiling as part of the overall workforce development strategy
- When requested, provide input into appropriate forums and committees of TA.
- Contribute to and or prepare reports for the NPD, the Board of TA and other relevant stakeholders as required.
- Actively promote and align to TA organisational values
- Any other request relating to the delivery of TA programs and services as directed by the NPD.
TA Staff To support the delivery of a High Performance sport program
Coaches TA employed and network coaches
TA Categorised Athletes To prepare athletes so they can perform at their best
AIS/NIN/STTA’s To enhance collaboration within the National system
Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrated success at triathlon coaching including medal result/s at the Olympic Games along with multiple World Triathlon Series/World Championship Series podium performances in the past 4 years.
- Demonstrated success in managing the development of U23 athletes into successful Elites.
- Demonstrated success at managing the operational and financial aspects of a project or small program
- An understanding of the application of principles of coaching, sports science and technology within an athlete development environment
- An understanding of the needs of junior and emerging talent athletes and coaches.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the demands and dynamics of World Triathlon draft-legal racing
- An understanding of the emerging trends in international World Triathlon draft-legal racing
- Tertiary qualifications in education, coaching or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- A TA High Performance Coaching accreditation (or equivalent)
Competencies and personal attributes
- A willingness to work non-business hours and to travel extensively
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and administration skills
The TA Way
- Exhibit personal behaviours and work style that is aligned to TA values;
- Create positive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders;
- Operate with a ‘One Team’ approach and attitude.
If you are ready to work in a professional and passionate environment, whilst helping triathlon to become Australia’s favourite sport, we look forward to hearing from you.