Updated for 2019, with new online learner resources, innovative delivery and assessment methods to give coaches an engaging learning experience.
The Development Coach Training Program content builds on the competencies of the Foundation Coach Training Program and includes:
• Understanding and analysing athletes in a group environment.
• Working with athletes with a range of ages, abilities and aspirations.
• Planning, delivering and evaluation of skill focused triathlon coaching programs.
• Strategies for creating and maintaining a safe coaching environment.
• Evolving developmental coaching and technical skills.
Coaches will have access to an online Knowledge Hub resource, which details the principles of effective coaching and the Development level skills of triathlon across swim, cycle, run and transitions.
A blended delivery strategy will be employed utilising the Flipped Classroom approach in a balance of online learning, face to face learning sessions and practical coaching.
Coaches will complete
• 40-60 hours of independent study learning and assessment tasks via the Triathlon Australia Knowledge Hub.
• 4 days [2 x 2 days] face to face workshop attendance. These workshops will focus on practical coaching competency and will include assessment, personal review and action planning with your mentor coaches.
The Development Coach accreditation will allow coaches to plan, deliver and evaluate skill development focused triathlon coaching programs for recreational triathletes. They can work in a wider range of unsupervised triathlon coaching environments.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out when the Development Coach Training Program will be offered in your state/territory.
To register your interest email the Coach Development team at email@example.com